Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tsa doing "random" bag checks at gate

tsa doing "random" bag checks at gate

flying out of raleigh nc and second time in two weeks tsa is at gate (after screening)with six agents "randomly" looking at majority of passengers carry on bags?
    didnt experience agents at gates @ denver or seatac and denver on return flts.

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?
    tks for any insight....
    wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Banned
    You are free to file suit in federal court ... this would, regrettably, likely be found to be OK by our "we love to shove our hands down your pants" government.

Or you can resist .. but I don't see anyone but Chuck Norris winning in that environment. So I would not recommend this route. Unless you are Chuck Norris.

I have seen Chuck post on this forum ... all hail Chuck Norris !

Check the contract you made with the airline.

If you did not agree to random checks then you can tell the TSA to F off.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    flying out of raleigh nc and second time in two weeks tsa is at gate (after screening)with six agents "randomly" looking at majority of passengers carry on bags?
    didnt experience agents at gates @ denver or seatac and denver on return flts.

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?
    tks for any insight....
    wabbit
    More theater. They've got the manpower and want to keep them employed when they're not violating the 4A rights of citizens at football games.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Some months ago, I made a stink about the TSA's invasion of my privacy. They didn't like it, but could not inhibit my free speech. (Apparently, they can only justify violating the 4A, not the 1A.) Well, actually, I suspect they did punish me for my pointing out their thuggery. They singled me out at the gate to rummage through my carry-on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    . They singled me out at the gate to rummage through my carry-on.

<o>
    That's why I only travel with dirty underwear .... ha ha TSA

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That's why I only travel with dirty underwear buy lingerie .... ha ha TSA
    great humor but I think there is no need dirty underwear
    Last edited by MattAdams; 04-17-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Sounds like another recommendation to wear a kilt when flying.

Banned
    Thread re-reviver lives to revive another old, dead thread !

Not necessarily OT but part of the 'tsa' intrusion upon Liberties. In sept.,oct 2012 my mom was flying out of va and was hand swabbed prior to boarding. and again prior to departure on the return trip to va. she does have a firearm in her name purchased approximately mid 70'searly 80's.When she asked WHY that she was being swabbed, she was told that it was SOP and their(tsa) job. I believe these swabs are because of the consolidation of databases on the federal level,can't cite or prove the reason, but she has been flying on these trips for 15 +yrs. never happened before.
    just for your consideration.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoforme View Post
    Not necessarily OT but part of the 'tsa' intrusion upon Liberties. In sept.,oct 2012 my mom was flying out of va and was hand swabbed prior to boarding. and again prior to departure on the return trip to va. she does have a firearm in her name purchased approximately mid 70'searly 80's.When she asked WHY that she was being swabbed, she was told that it was SOP and their(tsa) job. I believe these swabs are because of the consolidation of databases on the federal level,can't cite or prove the reason, but she has been flying on these trips for 15 +yrs. never happened before.
    just for your consideration.
    I got swabbed last year, I asked the TSA man," I am a gun owner, if I had gone target practice this morning would that have shown?" "Yes" was his reply. I responded "What would you do then" a confused "I don't know" is what came back.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I got swabbed last year, I asked the TSA man," I am a gun owner, if I had gone target practice this morning would that have shown?" "Yes" was his reply. I responded "What would you do then" a confused "I don't know" is what came back.

He lied. You come up positive for nitrate residue, and he knows exactly what he's going to do--and you won't like it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Hmmm...Maybe we should have a "National Shoot at the Range and then Go Fly Day." Could have interesting ramifications.

<o>

Don't put on your tin foil hat yet....I have come up ositive on the swab in Denver. Hands and bag. They took me into a nother room, that I suppose was supposed to protect inocents from "the bomb" I may have been carrying. I was nice, they were nice, and explained why I had GPR on my hands and bag. Range before the late flight. Did a THOROUGH check of my bad, and a quick frisk, and I was on my way. Yep, I know, never consent to searches. Go it...In my eyes, they had PC with a positive swab, and I wanted to get to my plane/gate and read, rather than exert my rights, and make a stink.
    But, that answers the positve swab by TSA...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Oh TSA - weird bunch. Haven't had any real trouble with them yet. I did get an "alarm" when flying out of SeaTac last year. They called a supervisor down, who merely poked, literally poked at my gun case a couple of times, then asked me to seal it up and sent me my way. I got a chuckle out of that. I will say that when traveling with firearms, you get to watch them inspect your bags and open your cases, which is kinda nice. Since I travel by myself most often these days and getting a pat down is a bit awkward, make it awkward for them :P

Every single time one of the TSA people has gotten all touchy-feely with me, I have had an insane desire to yell, "WHEEE!" just as loud as possible. Either that, or say, in a louder than normal voice, "I'll give you thirty minutes to quit that and then I'll whisper for help!"

Wonder just how red their faces would turn?

Even more interesting, wonder what sort of retaliation they would attempt? Embarrassing me is out of the question; I'll out-gross every one of them!!
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by MattAdams
    great humor but I think there is no need dirty underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
    That's why I only travel with dirty underwear buy lingerie .... ha ha TSA
    Matt, welcome aboard.
    Since you're new here, instead of reporting the post I'll explain that we're expected to follow the forum rules & let you edit it yourself.
    I know there was a notice when you signed up about following the rules, but many people think it's just one of those things they can click past & forget.
    Not here.
    Here are the rules, and there's a link in the tan header just above where the posts start.
    (16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!
    His original post said:
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
    That's why I only travel with dirty underwear ... ha ha TSA
    You are allowed to do something like "did you mean to say this?" or "it would be funnier if you'd said this", and then edit the quote. Many people use bolding or underlining to make it clear what was changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    Don't put on your tin foil hat yet....I have come up ositive on the swab in Denver. Hands and bag. They took me into a nother room, that I suppose was supposed to protect inocents from "the bomb" I may have been carrying. I was nice, they were nice, and explained why I had GPR on my hands and bag. Range before the late flight. Did a THOROUGH check of my bad, and a quick frisk, and I was on my way. Yep, I know, never consent to searches. Go it...In my eyes, they had PC with a positive swab, and I wanted to get to my plane/gate and read, rather than exert my rights, and make a stink.
    But, that answers the positve swab by TSA...
    No, it doesn't answer the positve (sic) swab by TSA. It answered positive swab on compliant sheep who waive their rights.

There is no validity in a test of what the empire does if you comply with their degrading demands. The true test is what they do when you assert your rights by indignantly refusing to go along with their absurdities.

You lost the argument with the government when you decided gunshot residue was probable cause for a search. Its not a question of whether gunshot residue is or isn't PC. The government shouldn't be interferring in travel with security theater in the first place.

Recently a libertarian reported on a blog being flagged by a scanner machine false-positive. She already knew these machines generate numerous false-positives. She refused to step aside for an intrusive search of her person. A supervisor came and threatened her; a cop even came over. The cop stayed out of the way and neutral. The traveler, knowing she was not carry contraband and knowing the unreliability of the scanners said the only thing she would do was walk through the scanner again, and refused to be intimidated by the threats. Finally the blue-shirted goon let her go through the scanner again. No alert. The traveler caught the next plane.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No, it doesn't answer the positve (sic) swab by TSA. It answered positive swab on compliant sheep who waive their rights.

There is no validity in a test of what the empire does if you comply with their degrading demands. The true test is what they do when you assert your rights by indignantly refusing to go along with their absurdities.

You lost the argument with the government when you decided gunshot residue was probable cause for a search. Its not a question of whether gunshot residue is or isn't PC. The government shouldn't be interferring in travel with security theater in the first place.

Recently a libertarian reported on a blog being flagged by a scanner machine false-positive. She already knew these machines generate numerous false-positives. She refused to step aside for an intrusive search of her person. A supervisor came and threatened her; a cop even came over. The cop stayed out of the way and neutral. The traveler, knowing she was not carry contraband and knowing the unreliability of the scanners said the only thing she would do was walk through the scanner again, and refused to be intimidated by the threats. Finally the blue-shirted goon let her go through the scanner again. No alert. The traveler caught the next plane.
    Love it that everyday people are taking up fights.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Hmmm...Maybe we should have a "National Shoot at the Range and then Go Fly Day." Could have interesting ramifications.

<o>
    IF (and that's a big if....though I have considered getting onr of those cheap commuter flight tickets just for this reason) I ever get on another commercial flight I plan to take my AR and pistol out and shoot the bejesus out of them before going. Wear the same shoes, pants, shirt, and have some "fun".
    Last edited by We-the-People; 04-28-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: add consideration of getting cheap ticket
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Banned

Leave plenty of time before your flight!

<o>

Banned
    Since the thread is alive ... I always clean my hands before leaving my house to the airport ... gunpowder is the best cleaner, right?

Leave plenty of time before your flight!

<o>
    Oh I would make sure I had no where to be other than make the flight out and back as well as have the lawyer lined up, maybe even present but in the "wings" but certainly would have a backup person to make the call at a minimum. If I didn't make the flight, oh well, I'd demand a refund and get a little more mileage out of it.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Since the thread is alive ... I always clean my hands before leaving my house to the airport ... gunpowder is the best cleaner, right?
    All depends, I guess, upon how much gunpowder is in your hands when you light it! Fire is a great purifier! Care to try it and let us know how it works?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

You could always fertilize your roses, then a quick trip to the range, followed by filling your truck up with diesel before you go off to the air port.

That should prove interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast