• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tsa doing "random" bag checks at gate

ncwabbit

flying out of raleigh nc and second time in two weeks tsa is at gate (after screening)with six agents "randomly" looking at majority of passengers carry on bags?
didnt experience agents at gates @ denver or seatac and denver on return flts.

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?
tks for any insight....
wabbit

davidmcbeth

Banned
You are free to file suit in federal court ... this would, regrettably, likely be found to be OK by our "we love to shove our hands down your pants" government.

Or you can resist .. but I don't see anyone but Chuck Norris winning in that environment. So I would not recommend this route. Unless you are Chuck Norris.

I have seen Chuck post on this forum ... all hail Chuck Norris !

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
flying out of raleigh nc and second time in two weeks tsa is at gate (after screening)with six agents "randomly" looking at majority of passengers carry on bags?
didnt experience agents at gates @ denver or seatac and denver on return flts.

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?
tks for any insight....
wabbit

More theater. They've got the manpower and want to keep them employed when they're not violating the 4A rights of citizens at football games.

eye95

Some months ago, I made a stink about the TSA's invasion of my privacy. They didn't like it, but could not inhibit my free speech. (Apparently, they can only justify violating the 4A, not the 1A.) Well, actually, I suspect they did punish me for my pointing out their thuggery. They singled me out at the gate to rummage through my carry-on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

twoforme

Not necessarily OT but part of the 'tsa' intrusion upon Liberties. In sept.,oct 2012 my mom was flying out of va and was hand swabbed prior to boarding. and again prior to departure on the return trip to va. she does have a firearm in her name purchased approximately mid 70'searly 80's.When she asked WHY that she was being swabbed, she was told that it was SOP and their(tsa) job. I believe these swabs are because of the consolidation of databases on the federal level,can't cite or prove the reason, but she has been flying on these trips for 15 +yrs. never happened before.
just for your consideration.

sudden valley gunner

Not necessarily OT but part of the 'tsa' intrusion upon Liberties. In sept.,oct 2012 my mom was flying out of va and was hand swabbed prior to boarding. and again prior to departure on the return trip to va. she does have a firearm in her name purchased approximately mid 70'searly 80's.When she asked WHY that she was being swabbed, she was told that it was SOP and their(tsa) job. I believe these swabs are because of the consolidation of databases on the federal level,can't cite or prove the reason, but she has been flying on these trips for 15 +yrs. never happened before.
just for your consideration.

I got swabbed last year, I asked the TSA man," I am a gun owner, if I had gone target practice this morning would that have shown?" "Yes" was his reply. I responded "What would you do then" a confused "I don't know" is what came back.

:banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I got swabbed last year, I asked the TSA man," I am a gun owner, if I had gone target practice this morning would that have shown?" "Yes" was his reply. I responded "What would you do then" a confused "I don't know" is what came back.

:banghead:

He lied. You come up positive for nitrate residue, and he knows exactly what he's going to do--and you won't like it.

eye95

Hmmm...Maybe we should have a "National Shoot at the Range and then Go Fly Day." Could have interesting ramifications.

<o>

Red Dawg

Don't put on your tin foil hat yet....I have come up ositive on the swab in Denver. Hands and bag. They took me into a nother room, that I suppose was supposed to protect inocents from "the bomb" I may have been carrying. I was nice, they were nice, and explained why I had GPR on my hands and bag. Range before the late flight. Did a THOROUGH check of my bad, and a quick frisk, and I was on my way. Yep, I know, never consent to searches. Go it...In my eyes, they had PC with a positive swab, and I wanted to get to my plane/gate and read, rather than exert my rights, and make a stink.
But, that answers the positve swab by TSA...

acmariner99

Oh TSA - weird bunch. Haven't had any real trouble with them yet. I did get an "alarm" when flying out of SeaTac last year. They called a supervisor down, who merely poked, literally poked at my gun case a couple of times, then asked me to seal it up and sent me my way. I got a chuckle out of that. I will say that when traveling with firearms, you get to watch them inspect your bags and open your cases, which is kinda nice. Since I travel by myself most often these days and getting a pat down is a bit awkward, make it awkward for them :p

SFCRetired

Every single time one of the TSA people has gotten all touchy-feely with me, I have had an insane desire to yell, "WHEEE!" just as loud as possible. Either that, or say, in a louder than normal voice, "I'll give you thirty minutes to quit that and then I'll whisper for help!"

Wonder just how red their faces would turn?

Even more interesting, wonder what sort of retaliation they would attempt? Embarrassing me is out of the question; I'll out-gross every one of them!!:lol:

MKEgal

MattAdams said:
great humor but I think there is no need dirty underwear
davidmcbeth said:
That's why I only travel with dirty underwear buy lingerie .... ha ha TSA
Matt, welcome aboard.
Since you're new here, instead of reporting the post I'll explain that we're expected to follow the forum rules & let you edit it yourself.
I know there was a notice when you signed up about following the rules, but many people think it's just one of those things they can click past & forget.
Not here.
Here are the rules, and there's a link in the tan header just above where the posts start.
(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!
His original post said:
davidmcbeth said:
That's why I only travel with dirty underwear ... ha ha TSA
You are allowed to do something like "did you mean to say this?" or "it would be funnier if you'd said this", and then edit the quote. Many people use bolding or underlining to make it clear what was changed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Don't put on your tin foil hat yet....I have come up ositive on the swab in Denver. Hands and bag. They took me into a nother room, that I suppose was supposed to protect inocents from "the bomb" I may have been carrying. I was nice, they were nice, and explained why I had GPR on my hands and bag. Range before the late flight. Did a THOROUGH check of my bad, and a quick frisk, and I was on my way. Yep, I know, never consent to searches. Go it...In my eyes, they had PC with a positive swab, and I wanted to get to my plane/gate and read, rather than exert my rights, and make a stink.
But, that answers the positve swab by TSA...

No, it doesn't answer the positve (sic) swab by TSA. It answered positive swab on compliant sheep who waive their rights.

There is no validity in a test of what the empire does if you comply with their degrading demands. The true test is what they do when you assert your rights by indignantly refusing to go along with their absurdities.

You lost the argument with the government when you decided gunshot residue was probable cause for a search. Its not a question of whether gunshot residue is or isn't PC. The government shouldn't be interferring in travel with security theater in the first place.

Recently a libertarian reported on a blog being flagged by a scanner machine false-positive. She already knew these machines generate numerous false-positives. She refused to step aside for an intrusive search of her person. A supervisor came and threatened her; a cop even came over. The cop stayed out of the way and neutral. The traveler, knowing she was not carry contraband and knowing the unreliability of the scanners said the only thing she would do was walk through the scanner again, and refused to be intimidated by the threats. Finally the blue-shirted goon let her go through the scanner again. No alert. The traveler caught the next plane.

sudden valley gunner

No, it doesn't answer the positve (sic) swab by TSA. It answered positive swab on compliant sheep who waive their rights.

There is no validity in a test of what the empire does if you comply with their degrading demands. The true test is what they do when you assert your rights by indignantly refusing to go along with their absurdities.

You lost the argument with the government when you decided gunshot residue was probable cause for a search. Its not a question of whether gunshot residue is or isn't PC. The government shouldn't be interferring in travel with security theater in the first place.

Recently a libertarian reported on a blog being flagged by a scanner machine false-positive. She already knew these machines generate numerous false-positives. She refused to step aside for an intrusive search of her person. A supervisor came and threatened her; a cop even came over. The cop stayed out of the way and neutral. The traveler, knowing she was not carry contraband and knowing the unreliability of the scanners said the only thing she would do was walk through the scanner again, and refused to be intimidated by the threats. Finally the blue-shirted goon let her go through the scanner again. No alert. The traveler caught the next plane.

Love it that everyday people are taking up fights.

We-the-People

Hmmm...Maybe we should have a "National Shoot at the Range and then Go Fly Day." Could have interesting ramifications.

<o>

IF (and that's a big if....though I have considered getting onr of those cheap commuter flight tickets just for this reason) I ever get on another commercial flight I plan to take my AR and pistol out and shoot the bejesus out of them before going. Wear the same shoes, pants, shirt, and have some "fun".

Last edited: