• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tsa doing "random" bag checks at gate

davidmcbeth

Banned
Since the thread is alive ... I always clean my hands before leaving my house to the airport ... gunpowder is the best cleaner, right?

We-the-People

Leave plenty of time before your flight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Oh I would make sure I had no where to be other than make the flight out and back as well as have the lawyer lined up, maybe even present but in the "wings" but certainly would have a backup person to make the call at a minimum. If I didn't make the flight, oh well, I'd demand a refund and get a little more mileage out of it.

joanie

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?

Thoughts?, yes, condisioning the people to become slaves. Getting us used to doing what they say no matter how pointless it may seem. Instilling the idea that we have no right to privacy. The TSA is kinda a combination of big brother, and nanny state. Watch the movie (Police state 2000). Then watch part 4 (The rise of FEMA)

Steeler-gal

flying out of raleigh nc and second time in two weeks tsa is at gate (after screening)with six agents "randomly" looking at majority of passengers carry on bags?
didnt experience agents at gates @ denver or seatac and denver on return flts.

any thoughts on whats going with this new tsa activity? is this just local activity or other locale?
tks for any insight....
wabbit

This isn't new. I've had this happen before. It's been about a year since I've had this done or seen this done. I don't know what happens if you deny but I do recall asking what the point was but I don't remember the answer.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Red Dawg

LOL...Geez Citizen,, I told ya I knew, for this one, I was waiving my rights, and kinda wanted to see what happens, behind the curtain if ya will....Sometimes, I like my right to get the hell on with my day...Main point was, even with "nasty gunpowder smell, of god" they don't shoot you on the spot. OP asked, or actually someone later asked...ANYWAY, relax bro... ;)

Jay Jacobs

This seems the appropriate thread to tell my story.

This past February I arrived at the Stuart, FL airport to get ready for our departure in a private plane latter that day. I was carrying concealed with a GA CCW which is recognized in FL. (Open carry isn't allowed in FL) The Stuart airport has no airline flights and is strictly used by general aviation. Walking through the door I was greeted by 4 - 5 TSA agents and as many local police, wearing tactical attire. They explained Obama was "in the area" and I would have to submit to a search of my person and bags. I immediately advised I was carrying and showed by permit. I was informed that I would not be allowed to take my firearm to the plane, even though it was privately owned and operated. I ended up having to leave it in a safe there at the airport. After my bags were searched I was "shadowed" by a TSA agent, even in the men's room, until we left latter that day. Keep in mind Obama was not AT the airport, he was at a golf course 4 MILES away. The control tower had to get permission from TSA in Palm Beach to allow any and all flights to depart the entire day.

Here is the "funny" part. They were using runway 30 that day. And they made a point of instructing everyone that they must fly runway heading until advised by the tower. Runway 30 is pointed directly at the golf course Obama was playing at. IOW after all the ridiculous "security" nonsense at the airport. TSA had everyone flying their private airplanes literally right over Obama's head all day long.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

This past February I arrived at the Stuart, FL airport to get ready for our departure in a private plane latter that day. I was carrying concealed with a GA CCW which is recognized in FL. (Open carry isn't allowed in FL) The Stuart airport has no airline flights and is strictly used by general aviation. Walking through the door I was greeted by 4 - 5 TSA agents and as many local police, wearing tactical attire. They explained Obama was "in the area" and I would have to submit to a search of my person and bags. I immediately advised I was carrying and showed by permit. I was informed that I would not be allowed to take my firearm to the plane, even though it was privately owned and operated. I ended up having to leave it in a safe there at the airport. After my bags were searched I was "shadowed" by a TSA agent, even in the men's room, until we left latter that day. Keep in mind Obama was not AT the airport, he was at a golf course 4 MILES away. The control tower had to get permission from TSA in Palm Beach to allow any and all flights to depart the entire day.

Here is the "funny" part. They were using runway 30 that day. And they made a point of instructing everyone that they must fly runway heading until advised by the tower. Runway 30 is pointed directly at the golf course Obama was playing at. IOW after all the ridiculous "security" nonsense at the airport. TSA had everyone flying their private airplanes literally right over Obama's head all day long.

This is why many call it "security theater".

JoeSparky

Centurion
I have been struggling for several days to resist what I am about to say as this is SUPPOSED to be a family friendly forum. BUT----

Random SCROTAL checks by the TSA... REALLY? And at the gate? in public? What if the random person to be "checked" is female? Will they do a PAP smear and forward the results to her personal physician?

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

I have been struggling for several days to resist what I am about to say as this is SUPPOSED to be a family friendly forum. BUT----

Random SCROTAL checks by the TSA... REALLY? And at the gate? in public? What if the random person to be "checked" is female? Will they do a PAP smear and forward the results to her personal physician?

It's the new mammogram covered in the appendix of the Obamacare Bill ;)

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

We-the-People

I'm pretty sure I would have been arrested in that situation. No warrant, they are NOT searching me without arresting me. They have no authority in that situation, they're just doing what they can get away with.

Jay Jacobs

I'm pretty sure I would have been arrested in that situation. No warrant, they are NOT searching me without arresting me. They have no authority in that situation, they're just doing what they can get away with.

I briefly considered writing my congressmen over the incident. But then I remembered that no one in congress seems to care.