• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got this from my retired father today.

cbxer55

Thought I'd pass it along fyi.

THIS IS GOOD TO KNOW!

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

FYI, I am passing this along... there are comments from two other people that have also been asked if they keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.

Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't. My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.

Just passing this along for your information: I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn business!!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners... Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: I had a doctor’s appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me that if I had answered yes to any of the questions I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.

They are coming for us, so unless you're an ostrich, do not stick your head in the sand..........

okiephlyer

I spoke with a Dr., who's daughter had just become a new Dr. as well. She asked about those questions and he told her that she did not have to ask questions about gun ownership or possession.
I have seen the question, and because of the way it was asked, I could legitimately answer "NO". It asked if there were guns in the house stored in an unsafe manner.
But YES, be very careful of the questions asked and IF or HOW you answer them.

OC for ME

I ask the below in response to any question not directly related to my reason for my visit to that doctor.

Is your service today predicated on my answering that question?

How does gun ownership relate to gout in your big toe?

The Dove

Doctor visits

My Doctor asks none of these questions. The Nurse, PA, or screener does (don't know their position)..... That person also asks me if I use my seatbelt. I choose to answer which questions I wish, not neccesarily each question they ask. I have simply asked why they are asking and the majority of the time the reply is, "it's in the questionair or computer" and we laugh and skip it.......Just my experience.

The Dove

F350

My Doctor asks none of these questions. The Nurse, PA, or screener does (don't know their position)..... That person also asks me if I use my seatbelt. I choose to answer which questions I wish, not neccesarily each question they ask. I have simply asked why they are asking and the majority of the time the reply is, "it's in the questionair or computer" and we laugh and skip it.......Just my experience.

The Dove
I disagree with the "neutral answer" approach; anything other than a flat out "NO" will just as likely go on record as a yes; so my approach is simple LIE, LIE, LIE. If you were to ask my doctor he will tell you I have never touched tobacco, do not drink, have never partaken in promiscuous sex, always drive the speed limit, always wear my seatbelt...... but I truly never have never tried illegal drugs.

I generally do not like intrusive questions from anyone, if you were to compile all personal info from various data bases you would find I am; African -American; Latino, Asian, South Pacific Islander, Eskimo..... I am 18-25, 26-35,36-50 years old and make any where from 10,00 to 500,000 a year.....

I lie on every question on every form asking personal questions (other than legally binding required forms).