Thread: President may change his mind on ASB

President may change his mind on ASB

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/0...sault-weapons/

Article stating president may look for other options like extended background checks and keeping gun from the mentally ill. My question is who is mentally ill and who gets to deem these individuals mentally ill. I mean an agent of the government could say any one who collected gun or prepped was paranoid and label them mentally ill. Any of us for that matter.

BTW not sure how accurate this article is.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 01-13-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Good question.

With the big push to take care of our veterans these days, a lot of people are saying (paraphrased) that anyone who's been in combat suffers from some level of PTSD.

Now that would be a definite threat to their constitutional rights as you KNOW that the anti's would be pushing that as cause for denial of rights.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/0...sault-weapons/

Article stating president may look for other options like extended background checks and keeping gun from the mentally ill. My question is who is mentally ill and who gets to deem these individuals mentally ill. I mean an agent of the government could say any one who collected gun or prepped was paranoid and label them mentally ill. Any of us for that matter.

BTW not sure how accurate this article is.

The idea is spreading. Just heard the same on the radio. Restrictions on magazine capacity was still on the list.

Either he's backpedaling, or its designed to lull people.

Don't let down your guard.

The other aspect of this is that the fedgov can get away with creating this furor because we haven't been moving the ball ourselves these last several years. After we win this one, we turn around and start demanding relaxation of federal gun laws. Use the nationwide hostility to anti-gun laws to start removing federal laws. Just keep moving the ball, pushing, pushing. For example, the national machine gun registry needs to be reopened. The GFSZ law needs to be repealed entirely. Various provisions of the 1968 GCA are probably individually susceptible to repeal demands.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    the idea is spreading. Just heard the same on the radio. Restrictions on magazine capacity was still on the list.

Either he's backpedaling, or its designed to lull people.

Don't let down your guard.

The other aspect of this is that the fedgov can get away with creating this furor because we haven't been moving the ball ourselves these last several years. After we win this one, we turn around and start demanding relaxation of federal gun laws. Use the nationwide hostility to anti-gun laws to start removing federal laws. Just keep moving the ball, pushing, pushing. For example, the national machine gun registry needs to be reopened. The gfsz law needs to be repealed entirely. Various provisions of the 1968 gca are probably individually susceptible to repeal demands.
    totally agree.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

President may change his mind on ASB

The furor will subside when Congress says no because elections must be won. Then there will be another mass causality situation where the executive .gov will justify an executive order because of "lazy" Congress.

Scope and frequency will increase.