• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like this is my new home for open carry topics

kurt555gs

Since I have been PNG'd over at "the website that shall not be named" for daring to discuss open carry and container transport, I am guessing those topics aren't Verboten here.

Hi every one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lockman

State Researcher
Kurt,

The unmentioned forum does not prohibit OC discussions, the topic just devolves off topic into the realm of wild speculation and personal prejudice. Concealed carry has it's place which includes those that want protection but would feel socially degraded if their peers find out.

The only topic here that should be tread lightly is the open carry of long guns, unless it is the only lawful means of carry for self defense.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Kurt,

The unmentioned forum does not prohibit OC discussions, the topic just devolves off topic into the realm of wild speculation and personal prejudice. Concealed carry has it's place which includes those that want protection but would feel socially degraded if their peers find out.

The only topic here that should be tread lightly is the open carry of long guns, unless it is the only lawful means of carry for self defense.

And, cop bashing. And, bashing other 2A organizations like NRA, SAF, etc.

Otherwise, lots of freedom here. Just gotta mind your manners a bit.

kurt555gs

Kurt,

I'm not sure "devolve" is accurate. I am not solely advocating open carry, I think any law in Illinois should allow both open and concealed carry and let the individual firearm owner make their own decision to when either is appropriate. You may have noticed that whenever I brought up either open carry or container transport the topic would be locked very quickly. However, anti open carry topics like "This horse is dead" go on and on with no moderation expounding on how open carry should never be allowed, tactical disadvantage, and other hooey.

I really don't think I have ever been "over the top".

In any case, "they" seem much happier that the open carry dragon has been vanquished, and the little cliche that wants to write open carry out of Illinois law forever, are having a joyous time keeping secrets, and PM'ing each other, and gloating,

Devolve? No.

Now hopefully to real discussion of rights, and another point of view not allowed over there.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm not sure "devolve" is accurate. I am not solely advocating open carry, I think any law in Illinois should allow both open and concealed carry and let the individual firearm owner make their own decision to when either is appropriate. You may have noticed that whenever I brought up either open carry or container transport the topic would be locked very quickly. However, anti open carry topics like "This horse is dead" go on and on with no moderation expounding on how open carry should never be allowed, tactical disadvantage, and other hooey.

I really don't think I have ever been "over the top".

In any case, "they" seem much happier that the open carry dragon has been vanquished, and the little cliche that wants to write open carry out of Illinois law forever, are having a joyous time keeping secrets, and PM'ing each other, and gloating,

Devolve? No.

Now hopefully to real discussion of rights, and another point of view not allowed over there.

Hee, hee, hee. An accidental spelling error, I'm sure. But, oh so fortunate. :D

jrj_51

Yep! Definitely a good place to be, Kurt! Here with the rest of us nutjobs that just like to show off our fancy shmancy 1911's! (Sarcasm, BTW. I don't own a 1911)

I've found lots of good conversation here and plenty of information that I would have a hard time finding on my own. :)

Last edited:

kurt555gs

Yep! Definitely a good place to be, Kurt! Here with the rest of us nutjobs that just like to show off our fancy shmancy 1911's! (Sarcasm, BTW. I don't own a 1911)

I've found lots of good conversation here and plenty of information that I would have a hard time finding on my own. :)

I own several " fancy schmancy " 1911's and some big bore revolves. I like them. Can you imagine an IWB holster for a Super Redhawk Alaskan?

I know where the sarcastic reference comes form BTW. Never an offense for good witticisms.

Hi, and thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: