• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Anti-rights group springs up in Branford, plans rally

Rich B

Plans to host rally with Senator Meyer and Representative Reed

Connecticut, January 14th, 2013:

Frank Carrano, Branford Board of Education Chair, is organizing the first (organizational) meeting of the Community Coalition for Responsible Gun Control. The meeting will be held Monday, January 14th, at 7pm at the Branford Community House. The community house is located at 46 Church St. in Branford, CT. Mr. Carrano has extended an invitation to the public, so anyone who can make it is encouraged to do so.

Senator Meyer says he is planning to attend and he is known for ridiculous political stunts and spreading lies like he did at Sunday’s Guilford rally. Let’s make sure he hears our voices and doesn’t get away with sounding out to an echo chamber. Lets also make sure that Representative Reed feels the bog that he is stepping into by allying with Senator Meyer.
This will be ‘Round 2’ for Senator Meyer and his ridiculous bill and campaign. Let’s make sure it is a ‘knock out’.
Article in the Branford Patch: http://branford.patch.com/articles/community-coalition-for-responsible-gun-control-takes-first-step
Article about the Guilford rally: http://madison-ct.patch.com/article...laint-against-sen-meyer-bb-gun#photo-12939408

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

TheMrs

Plans to host rally with Senator Meyer and Representative Reed

Connecticut, January 14th, 2013:

Frank Carrano, Branford Board of Education Chair, is organizing the first (organizational) meeting of the Community Coalition for Responsible Gun Control. The meeting will be held Monday, January 14th, at 7pm at the Branford Community House. The community house is located at 46 Church St. in Branford, CT. Mr. Carrano has extended an invitation to the public, so anyone who can make it is encouraged to do so.

Senator Meyer says he is planning to attend and he is known for ridiculous political stunts and spreading lies like he did at Sunday’s Guilford rally. Let’s make sure he hears our voices and doesn’t get away with sounding out to an echo chamber. Lets also make sure that Representative Reed feels the bog that he is stepping into by allying with Senator Meyer.
This will be ‘Round 2’ for Senator Meyer and his ridiculous bill and campaign. Let’s make sure it is a ‘knock out’.
Article in the Branford Patch: http://branford.patch.com/articles/community-coalition-for-responsible-gun-control-takes-first-step
Article about the Guilford rally: http://madison-ct.patch.com/article...laint-against-sen-meyer-bb-gun#photo-12939408

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

My family and I will be there. Anyone else going?

motoxmann

did anyone that went to this receive the paper that had Walmart letterhead? I saw a lot of the attenders had this paper but I never received one, and forgot to ask to see somebody's before I left.
I'd like to know what the paper was about, or if possible see the full document

(I'm the thin guy that was passing out CT Carry's documents that Rich gratefully put together)

Rich B

We had a great turnout at this event and really balanced the room out. This was not allowed to be an echo chamber, and we had people who came for an anti-gun rally who vocally left in disgust that other people got to express themselves. One left when a Connecticut Carry volunteer handed her a pamphlet and she gave it back and said "I thought I was going to an anti-gun rally!".

Big thanks to motoxmann who risked life and limb to show up and spent almost the entire time helping me put together and hand out our three page educational packet. By the end of the event, I swear everyone there had one whether they wanted it or not.

By the end of the event, we watched as the organizer of the event backtracked and said that maybe he had misnamed the event and maybe it should just be about 'gun control'.

Thank you to everyone who came out. We had a lot of great speakers who really stood up for our rights.

motoxmann

Big thanks to motoxmann who risked life and limb to show up

haha, I'm sure people will be curious about this part. I rode my motorcycle from 45 minutes away, and weather called for no precipitation; at least before I left for the event it did. but upon leaving, it was raining and hailing, temps hovering barely above freezing. made for an interesting ride home.

By the end of the event, I swear everyone there had one whether they wanted it or not.

I had many many people asking me for them, a few even wanted multiple copies. only 3 people in total refused to accept the pamphlet, almost every single other person was happy to accept it.
I even personally gave one to Mr. Meyer, who was also happy to accept it, and cracked a joke about how his name is right at the top in bold and was actually spelled correctly. apparently a lot of people mistakenly spell his name with an "s" at the end.

speaking of which, Rich, can you post a copy of the pamphlet up somewhere for people to see? I would scan the copy I brought home, but it got drenched :p

Last edited:

TheMrs

We had a great turnout at this event and really balanced the room out. This was not allowed to be an echo chamber, and we had people who came for an anti-gun rally who vocally left in disgust that other people got to express themselves. One left when a Connecticut Carry volunteer handed her a pamphlet and she gave it back and said "I thought I was going to an anti-gun rally!".

Big thanks to motoxmann who risked life and limb to show up and spent almost the entire time helping me put together and hand out our three page educational packet. By the end of the event, I swear everyone there had one whether they wanted it or not.

By the end of the event, we watched as the organizer of the event backtracked and said that maybe he had misnamed the event and maybe it should just be about 'gun control'.

Thank you to everyone who came out. We had a lot of great speakers who really stood up for our rights.

We are so glad that we were able to make it out this evening. It was comforting to be standing among other 2nd Amendment supporters. However, it is my fear that this event was just for show; that these legislatures have it set in their minds to take away our rights but set up these meetings just to look like they care about our opinions. That is just my "the cup is half empty" way of looking at things. :(

Rich B

I even personally gave one to Mr. Meyer, who was also happy to accept it, and cracked a joke about how his name is right at the top in bold and was actually spelled correctly. apparently a lot of people mistakenly spell his name with an "s" at the end.

This was a classic move. Awesome.

Read the Armed Citizens handout to see why:

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Details/bef2058e-420a-4c07-a70f-e196029132da

Also, talking points:

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Details/d62e7ca6-49d4-4f8a-b579-f8f9a2cabf4d

And, violent crime facts:

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Details/f6c2c9fa-bb73-458e-8777-55ca796bd850

Rich B

We are so glad that we were able to make it out this evening. It was comforting to be standing among other 2nd Amendment supporters. However, it is my fear that this event was just for show; that these legislatures have it set in their minds to take away our rights but set up these meetings just to look like they care about our opinions. That is just my "the cup is half empty" way of looking at things. :(

I think we should try and keep up the 'faith'. All is not lost yet, we are just hearing a very vocal minority that is confused and emotional and subject to easy brainwashing by those they respect.

If I am putting two and two together correctly, you did a great job last night. Your speech really had an impact that I don't think many others could have had and your husband hit on points that were perfect that no one else had hit on. We are lucky to have you guys on our side.

Keep up the good fight and take care of those kids, they were great too.

danr71

Great Job guys!
Rich where can we get those cool looking ctcarry shirts. I'm sure there are a few here interested in purchasing some for the cause. We all should be helping out by donating as well, this fight is not cheap.

Rich B

Great Job guys!
Rich where can we get those cool looking ctcarry shirts. I'm sure there are a few here interested in purchasing some for the cause. We all should be helping out by donating as well, this fight is not cheap.

We are setting up a store on our website. For right now, you will have to attend one of the events I appear at to buy one in person.

We have M, L, XL, 2XL in limited quantities at this time for $17.99.