Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns across america rally heres the scoop

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

Guns across America Washington state

Olympia at Travoli fountain noon Saturday Jan 19th
    Its coming together folks!!!

As of 1/12 /2013
    RALLY at Tivoil Fountian on the Washington capital campus high noon Saturday Jan. 19th 2013 One week away! There will speakers on 2nd amendment issues including Dave Workman from the Second Amendment Foundation, noted gun writer, author, gun rights examiner columnist along with music, opening with Kerry Hooks and the National anthem. Included will be a short tribute to our veterans and active duty armed forces. Jim Beal and Bill Starks from Washington Open carry ,organizers of the last two successful capital rallys and other 2A events have agreed to ramrod the program.(face book photos of our 2011 event http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater).
    We ask that you make your own signs and one extra! Signs need to be clean and fact based and please double check your facts! Everyone please share this event with all you know as we are already expecting a great turnout.
    Free sodas, water, coffee will be provided at various points around the park. The will be balloons and activities for the kids ,so bring the whole family.

Rally Photos
    ‎2nd Amendment Rally April 30th 2011 at the capital in Olympia
    By: Jim Beal
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-13-2013 at 08:19 PM.

I will be there as I was last year. can't wait.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Thanks Deros for looking out for us.

Need any help?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Two signs? Really?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I would assume that making two signs is so you can have one and give one to someone who doesn't have one.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Ideas for signs, feel free to use them as you see fit.

I've got one side of my sign designed now I need to design the other side.

Something like, "AN ARMED CITIZEN IS A FREE CITIZEN"

Or "SLAVES CAN'T OWN WEAPONS, SO WHY AM I TO GIVE MINE UP?"

"EVEN SLAVES WERE GIVEN ARMS AT THE END OF THEIR SLAVERY IN ..."(I think it was Roman) I'll look it up before using it.

"IF 'GUN FREE' ZONES REALLY WORKED, THEN WHY HAVE MOST MAJOR SHOOTING HAPPENED IN 'GUN FREE' ZONES?"

"THE GOVERNMENT GETS IT'S POWER FROM THE PEOPLE, IF THE PEOPLE DON'T FIRST HAVE THE POWER THEN THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T HAVE THE POWER"

"A REPUBLIC DEFENDS AN INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHTS, A DEMOCRACY ONLY DEFENDS A MOB'S RIGHTS"
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Busy month.

I'll be there Jim.

This is important, they are going to push hard this year they made that abundantly clear, at the ceasefire event. They don't care about logic, safety or reason.....they are just angry.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Busy month. I'll be there Jim.

This is important, they are going to push hard this year they made that abundantly clear, at the ceasefire event.
    They don't care about logic, safety or reason.....they are just angry.
    This is truth! Most at the event would not even talk to us. Logic was lost to fear.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

A Few Ideas

1) Last year Washington fought hard for the rights of many, why should I have to give mine up now?
    2) The 2A keeps the government in it's place!
    3) Stopping government gone bad is why the 2nd Amendment exists!
    4) I am not asking for government protection, besides it can't protect me!
    5) Do you think that government roundups can't happen in the USA? See Japanese internment camps & Katrina 2005. This is much easier when citizens are disarmed!
    6) If we were as violent and dangerous as some think - we wouldn't be here asking for our rights to be respected!

It's time folks, to put aside personal prejudices and fight for fundamental rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Nice!

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

It's time folks, to put aside personal prejudices and fight for fundamental rights!

Nice!
    Thanks guys and Dave that is very appreciated. Yes I will need some help .One can anyone get a helium tank for blowing up balloons.I'llsupply all the balloons .Just for start.

A sign idea I've been kicking around.

If the 2nd can be broken, what about the other 9?
    If the 2nd can be lost, what about the other 9?
    If the 2nd can be violated, what about the other 9?

Or something like that, you get the idea. I'm not in love with the wording, but something along those lines.

I hope you have more participation in numbers than the Ceasefire people at their event.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I hope you have more participation in numbers than the Ceasefire people at their event.
    Most of us are of a MOSTLY Libertarian type mindset and that is why we don't organize so well.

Busy month.

I'll be there Jim.

This is important, they are going to push hard this year they made that abundantly clear, at the ceasefire event. They don't care about logic, safety or reason.....they are just angry.
    What is an assault weapon anyways?

The answers I got where all over the board.

I did let my mouth slip with one woman though. She told me that my gun made her 'uncomfortable'. I told her that her hoplophobia and mental deficiencies were not my problem.

Another guy told me that we need to get weapons out of the hands of murders. I told him that I agree, we should disarm our military.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 01-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.

I'm thinking Article I Section 24 of the state constitution (or the first part, anyway) isn't too long to fit on a sign:

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired...

Washington State Constitution, Article I, Section 24

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Most of us are of a MOSTLY Libertarian type mindset and that is why we don't organize so well.
    Biggest problem for conservative type rally efforts v. liberal ones? Most of us have jobs! :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Dave!

I will not be able to read you examiner articles if I cannot stop the data streaming commercials. The take too much bandwidth, Yes I have a popup blocker, but these are imbedded in the sidebar. I got to 3 out of 204 before I killed the link...and I had not even finished reading your page.

I guess they don't care about the people that have to live with dialup anymore.
    Last edited by hermannr; 01-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Dave!

I will not be able to read you examiner articles if I cannot stop the data streaming commercials. The take too much bandwidth, Yes I have a popup blocker, but these are imbedded in the sidebar. I got to 3 out of 204 before I killed the link...and I had not even finished reading your page.

I guess they don't care about the people that have to live with dialup anymore.

I hear you. I have broadband but the ads on examiner.com are a bit out of hand. I know they have to make a buck to keep running, but other sites have managed to monetize via ads without going quite so overboard.

Guns across america rally heres the scoop

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Biggest problem for conservative type rally efforts v. liberal ones? Most of us have jobs! :-)
    Qft x 1000
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Yep!

And they have ruined a word rooted in freedom to mean less freedom.........

Regular Member Gilead_Gunslinger's Avatar
    mid-world (somewhere between tacoma and seattle)
    I cannot make it, but if someone wants to use my sign idea they are welcome to it. it would read:

FIRST THEY TOOK MY GUN.
    NEXT THEY TOOK MY VOICE.
    THEN THEY TOOK WHATEVER
    THEY WANTED.....
    I aim with my eye... I shoot with my mind... I kill with my heart....
    - The Gunslinger's Litany (paraphrased)

It has been brought to my attention that the stick figure decals on
    the back windows of vehicles are NOT pedestrian 'kill' scores, but are
    actually meant to represent family members. I'll be removing mine
    ASAP to avoid any further confusion.........

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Wink Take back your browser

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedString View Post
    I hear you. I have broadband but the ads on examiner.com are a bit out of hand. I know they have to make a buck to keep running, but other sites have managed to monetize via ads without going quite so overboard.
    Depending on what browser you are using you can download add-ons that will block the scripts you encounter on sites like examiner.com.

Google "greasemonkey for <yourbrowser>" I believe this is available for most every browser except IE.

I am using Firefox and have incorporated this feature, no popups automatic scripts or adds.

~Whitney

ETA, and I am open carrying right now.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast