Thread: Robbery victim thanks armed samaritans

Robbery victim thanks armed samaritans

This story is full of FAIL.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robbe...186572461.html

Assuming this situation played out as told in the news article, which is possibly completely wrong, this sounds like a potential disaster.

A man is robbed, tells some other people that he was robbed, they take his word for it and chase down a man and shoot him. WHAT?

After he was robbed, Dorsey began running down the street and says two men in a Mercedes asked him what had happened.

Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.

The suspect fired back. In the end, the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy.
    It is great that a bad guy was taken off the streets and hopefully he learned his lesson, but would you just take someone's word for it and chase a guy down and start shooting at him? What were these guys thinking?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Banned
    That's awful trusting on the part of the carriers. If I don't witness the crime, if I don't KNOW who the bad guy is, I ain't shooting nobody!

Also, the victim doesn't like guns??? He should have said that he didn't, but he does now!

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    This story is full of FAIL.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robbe...186572461.html

Assuming this situation played out as told in the news article, which is possibly completely wrong, this sounds like a potential disaster.

A man is robbed, tells some other people that he was robbed, they take his word for it and chase down a man and shoot him. WHAT?

It is great that a bad guy was taken off the streets and hopefully he learned his lesson, but would you just take someone's word for it and chase a guy down and start shooting at him? What were these guys thinking?
    Do you not see the irony in your words? No insult intended, please do not misunderstand. Some cops do "just take someone's words for it." Or, is that different?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Question good Sams

And you gotta love the unbiased reporting:

"... the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy."

Not something I would do.

The most entertaining thing here is that the thread was moved to TRUE TALES OF SELF DEFENSE. I'm not so sure about that one!
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    The most entertaining thing here is that the thread was moved to TRUE TALES OF SELF DEFENSE. I'm not so sure about that one!
    +1
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)