• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbery victim thanks armed samaritans

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This story is full of FAIL.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robb...ritans-who-came-to-his-rescue--186572461.html

Assuming this situation played out as told in the news article, which is possibly completely wrong, this sounds like a potential disaster.

A man is robbed, tells some other people that he was robbed, they take his word for it and chase down a man and shoot him. WHAT?

After he was robbed, Dorsey began running down the street and says two men in a Mercedes asked him what had happened.

Dorsey told them and they not only caught up with the suspect, but they started shooting at him.

The suspect fired back. In the end, the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy.

It is great that a bad guy was taken off the streets and hopefully he learned his lesson, but would you just take someone's word for it and chase a guy down and start shooting at him? What were these guys thinking?

eye95

That's awful trusting on the part of the carriers. If I don't witness the crime, if I don't KNOW who the bad guy is, I ain't shooting nobody!

Also, the victim doesn't like guns??? He should have said that he didn't, but he does now!

OC for ME

This story is full of FAIL.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robb...ritans-who-came-to-his-rescue--186572461.html

Assuming this situation played out as told in the news article, which is possibly completely wrong, this sounds like a potential disaster.

A man is robbed, tells some other people that he was robbed, they take his word for it and chase down a man and shoot him. WHAT?

It is great that a bad guy was taken off the streets and hopefully he learned his lesson, but would you just take someone's word for it and chase a guy down and start shooting at him? What were these guys thinking?
Do you not see the irony in your words? No insult intended, please do not misunderstand. Some cops do "just take someone's words for it." Or, is that different?

Contrarian

good Sams

And you gotta love the unbiased reporting:

"... the two witnesses turned vigilantes won and took down the bad guy."

Not something I would do.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
The most entertaining thing here is that the thread was moved to TRUE TALES OF SELF DEFENSE. I'm not so sure about that one!