Thread: OPEN CARRIED FIRST TIME, LAST FRIDAY! Woodinville and Bellevue

OPEN CARRIED FIRST TIME, LAST FRIDAY! Woodinville and Bellevue

Well, I finally got my Gun, and I feel so much more safe and feel safer knowing I will be able to protect my wife, if needed. It is our reponsibility to stay armed! Well, I picked up my Springfield XD from AMS guns in woodinville on Firday (got special liberty from the Navy that day), went home and showered and decided to go out. I went to Supercuts in Woodinville, and then proceeded to gun friendly starbucks right down the way, and then went to Top foods. Very positive experience. Nobody even noticed at Supercuts. The guy at the counter at starbucks actually seemed thrilled, and at Top Foods, the lady at the register seemed a bit nervous. I'm pretty clean cut. I'm 5'10, athletic build, high and tight haircut, and I was wearing my 5.11 tactical trousers, and my Columbia pull over. I crossed the street from Top foods to the movie theatre in woodinville to check for tickets and one guy gave me a bad feeling as he was walking past me and he kept staring at me, but nothing happened.

Well, that night, I went to go see Zero-Dark-Thirty at Lincoln square cinemas, in Bellevue, and I didn't have a single problem. I made sure to check for a no guns sign before coming in. I went from the parking garage to the top story of the mall, and nothing out of the ordinary. Most people seemed neutral or seemed to avoid me, but it was comforting sitting through the movie knowing that myself and my wife were safe. I wish more people would carry firearms. It's funny that since they had that shooting in Colorado the movie theatres have that briefing before it starts telling you to calmly exit in case of disaster or emergency-in other words, you just have to sit there and get shot, if there was a mass shooter, in the eyes of the liberals. Well, I prefer not being a victim. On the way out. I passed 15 cops on the first escalator, only which one seemed to have eyed me, and on the second escalator, passed another 7 or 8 cops who looked at me and then didn't really seem to care. It was nice to not have dealt with harrassment and to see that law enforcement respected my right to bear arms.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Welcome to the liberating feeling of exercising your fundamental rights! And welcome to OCDO.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Welcome to OCDO and the freedom that you feel. Don't spend a great deal of time looking for 'no gun' signs. If they don't allow, someone will tell you.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Good job!

It is quite liberating isn't it....
    Last edited by jt59; 01-14-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Why is it that I think of these "I just OC'd for the first time" threads like a teenager saying "I just had Sex for the first time" in a High School Locker Room.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-16-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Why is it that I think of these "I just OC'd for the first time" threads like a teenager saying "I just had Sex for the first time" in a High School Locker Room.
    Why would you want to distract from the excitement of someone now enjoying the liberating freedom of exercising liberties?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Why would you want to distract from the excitement of someone now enjoying the liberating freedom of exercising liberties?
    There are a few on this forum that equate OC with a sexual experience. Stop an think about some of the posts and you will see who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc K View Post
    Well, I finally got my Gun, and I feel so much more safe and feel safer knowing I will be able to protect my wife, if needed. <snip>
    Now, compare your "situational awareness" that you seem to have exercised last Friday to the situational awareness you may have exercised the Friday before last.

I suggest that you seek out your fellow 2A supporters and introduce them to OCDO if they are not aware of OCDO. Contact via PM other members of OCDO who reside in your area to engage in group activities that promote 2A issues. OCDO is a vitally important resource in our mutual quest to normalize our exercising of our 2A guaranteed right to self-defense in our fellow citizen's eyes.

Welcome to OCDO.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Doc K View Post
    On the way out. I passed 15 cops on the first escalator, only which one seemed to have eyed me, and on the second escalator, passed another 7 or 8 cops who looked at me and then didn't really seem to care.
    What????

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    There are a few on this forum that equate OC with a sexual experience. Stop an think about some of the posts and you will see who they are.
    You do have a point.

I just didn't see why someone would stomp a little on this OP's first experience.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 01-17-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Re: OPEN CARRIED FIRST TIME, LAST FRIDAY! Woodinville and Bellevue

Congratulations and good choice on carrying a XD! I have a total bias towards anything Springfield. I have put approximately 3,000 rounds through my XD 40 and I have never had a single problem of any kind. I also just sent my XD back into Springfield for routine maintenance and the company treated me great. Free shipping both ways, all work was covered under warranty and they got it back to me exactly a week to the day I mailed it.

Congratulations again on your first successful open carry adventure! I think that you will find most people don't even notice. And most of those who do notice won't be alarmed as long as you carry yourself in a calm and confidant manner. Open carry may feel a little strange at first but the more you do it the more comfortable it will become
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 01-17-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeIsTrouble View Post
    What????
    What, What?

It was a friday, so they were all gathered around waiting for the stupid people to come stumbling out of the clubs, starting up some S***. Lol.

Congrats Doc K!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeIsTrouble View Post
    What????
    During the last couple years I've always seen police at local (Pugetropolis) theaters (while I'm exiting mostly) during the after-matinee-showings. If I go inside during a matinee and come outside after the last cheap seat tickets are sold, I often see cops all around lobbies, entries, and just outside. After the matinee showings, it tends to be more crowded... then I notice more police while I'm going in and coming outside. Especially on weekends.

Doc K. was at Lincoln center, the same ownership as half of downtown Bellevue. These (Bellevue) malls have internal security (Mall Cops) and appear to have lots of on- and off-duty city cops on the stroll.

BTW Doc K, did you use the Springfield holster? I really like how comfortable they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattleite View Post
    During the last couple years I've always seen police at local (Pugetropolis) theaters (while I'm exiting mostly) during the after-matinee-showings. If I go inside during a matinee and come outside after the last cheap seat tickets are sold, I often see cops all around lobbies, entries, and just outside. After the matinee showings, it tends to be more crowded... then I notice more police while I'm going in and coming outside. Especially on weekends.

Doc K. was at Lincoln center, the same ownership as half of downtown Bellevue. These (Bellevue) malls have internal security (Mall Cops) and appear to have lots of on- and off-duty city cops on the stroll.

BTW Doc K, did you use the Springfield holster? I really like how comfortable they feel.
    Nope! I used my Blackhawk serpa holster. I love it. It's less conspicuous.