Thread: Branford Police Captain misleads Channel 8 reporter

Branford Police Captain misleads Channel 8 reporter

NEWS FLASH
    January 14, , 2013

In a published news report by WTNH reporter Jacquie Slater, Branford Police Captain Geoffrey Morgan is quoted as saying:

"Because of the influx in applications,
    and the backlog with the FBI, it's probably gone up to more like 10 to 12 weeks for an application process," Captain Morgan said.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_hav...t#.UPRRvm9EHzg

Fingerprint based National Criminal Records Checks are submitted to the FBI through the Connecticut State Police Bureau of Identification (SPBI) which scans the fingerprint cards directly to the FBI who in turn return the results to SPBI and the requesting agency within days if not hours.
    Local issuing authorities historically delay the approval process for Permits to Carry Pistols or Revolvers and blame the the delay on a non existent FBI backlog.

This is just another example of incorrect information finding it's way into the public sector through inaccurate statements made to members of the media who are clueless as to the provisions of Connecticut Firearm laws.
    I challenge WTNH to contact the FBI and verify any backlogs regarding Federal Criminal History Records Checks for Pistol Permits in CT.
    Last edited by Edward Peruta; 01-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Peruta View Post
    [/FONT]I challenge WTNH to contact the FBI and verify any backlogs regarding Federal Criminal History Records Checks for Pistol Permits in CT.[/LEFT]
    I don't think that the challenge will be accepted. That doesn't make good news for them.

Keep on trying Ed ... its good to show incorrect information is being repeated by the authorities..

I'll make a call. My wife and I have a friend in the news room at Channel 8. I'll see if she can get this call made...