Thread: Recorder recommendations

Recorder recommendations

Wanting to get a voice recorder for when I OC... what do ya'll like to use? Hidden style preferred? (like a "pen" mic)...

I use a Sony PX-312, carried horizontally in an old knife sheath on the strong side. Carried that way it's not very noticeable and won't be grabbed by accident during a reload.

It's already paid for itself in an incident where I was illegally detained for walking in a public park.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.

I carry an old sony minicassete recorder with me while driving, along with a disposable camera in the event of a motor vehicle collision. i like analog stuff better anyway.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I use a Sony PX-312...
    Ditto. I picked one of these up not too long ago after I ran my Olympus through the washer/dryer. It gets the job done nicely.

thanks for your help, ordered the PX, should arrive tomorrow . Still nervous about going out on my first OC adventure, so may wait for the recorder to arrive first.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daveden View Post
    thanks for your help, ordered the PX, should arrive tomorrow . Still nervous about going out on my first OC adventure, so may wait for the recorder to arrive first.
    Sony PX-312 is a very popular digital recorder. Mine records beautifully from within the pocket of my jeans.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.