• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Stops ordering Ammo

Armed4Life

Not confirmed but very concerning

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo.
January 12th, 2013
340 641 14 21 1594

I do not have a link as of yet but here is what I have found out…

Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything…BUT.
She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.

She called corporate as I was standing there.
And was told this. “As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment”. Said, “As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved”.

So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision…Hows that change working out for you now?

As I said, I dont have a link, but you can call Wal Mart headquarters at 1-800-925-6278 for yourself and ask. After the answer press 2 then 1 then 1 again and wait to talk to a rep. I just did this myself and was told the same thing.

Something must have changed at the meeting they had on Thursday.
Guess we will have to wait and see what Obama has in store for us next.

Guys, I am not making this up…Call and find out for yourself.

Another confirmation:

Home - Audio Blogs > WalMart Federal Gun Control

I just recorded the audio to me calling the corporation and this is all too real. It all comes back to “we have to wait for the President to revise the new law for the Federal Gun Control Act. Then we will change our policy”. – sonarx

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/brea...g-to-order-any-more-ammo/#kB5TzdzyPTIicvGk.99

zack991

OK, let's debunk this for a third time in a third thread.

Well it would be news to me because when I spoke with the store manager today she had told me that corporate is putting out a new policy that will stop all sales on Ammo,that they have been instructed to stop requesting any future ammo for their stores. I emailed corporate and I am waiting to hear back. It would make sense considering Wal-Mart heir Sam Walton has apparently given big to Obama’s SuperPAC. Sam Walton gave the maximum $30,800 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, and $40,000 to the OVF this election. So from just that Obama has a partner in this madness, it is strange though walmart sells a ton of stuff for hunting gear and that would kill all that income for them.

Last edited:

hollabakzach23

I have heard rumors about them discontinuing ammo but I have not had a problem purchasing 9mm or. 40s&w rounds they always seem to have some in stock. Just my observations though as we have three walmarts that I frequent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

eye95

I read it on the Internet.

Here.

At the moment, it is total crapola until someone produces real support for the assertion.

Really. The crap that people accept at face value without exploring at all.

mpguy

I read it on the Internet.

Here.

At the moment, it is total crapola until someone produces real support for the assertion.

Really. The crap that people accept at face value without exploring at all.

It's the internet. It's true by default..:p

I'll try to get to the one here and ask for kicks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

eye95

Everything on the Internet is true.

I know because I read that on the Internet. And what I read is true because...

Everything on the Internet is true.

WalkingWolf

So let's try to figure this out here rationally. Walmart's ammo comes in a big truck with Walmart on the sides and back of trailer. The truck is operated by a Walmart employee who brings merchandise from a big Walmart warehouse. NOW if Walmart top brass had told the warehouses to stop ordering ammo, I might have a better chance of buying that story. But why tell the stores to stop ordering, when all they have to do is refuse to ship to the stores. Usually when a product is no longer carried in this electronic day and age, it comes out of the computer as available. So the claim is IF the sporting department orders ammo it will still arrive so they tell the employees not to order instead of just dropping the SKU. Anybody like to buy a bridge or some prime swamp land?

LMAO! :lol:

hermannr

I went online Wal-Mart...all of their guns and ammo are still in the online store...it says "must purchase locally", NOT "Not available"

When Wal-Mart has something that is "not available" that is what they put in their online store...not "purchase locally"

Last edited:

zack991

Not rumor if you ask me.

C3E39E58-E364-40EE-8EEB-3C5AE40138C5-6480-00000AAC2FA0514A.jpg

Last edited:

eye95

That is one store and is a poorly made sign.

That is not corporate policy. Other stores are reporting that they are still getting and selling ammo.

Most likely explanations? An ignorant reorder associate (or, worse, sales associate) totally misunderstanding supply drying up or a customer having a little fun with a cell phone and a sign he printed himself.

Again, can someone produce a credible source to verify what appears to be another stupid Internet myth?