• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It doesn't come as any surprise.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like their investigation is closed .... time for a FOIA request ...

I sent one...see what records they have ... maybe nothing

I assume they ignored everything ... but if not, they'll have more than just one incident report.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

And I followed up with another communication to the town:

Hello again,

I also wanted to know that if I remove the firing pin from my semi-automatic rifle and not have ammo for it in the gun or available, then could I use this as a teaching aid regarding gun control discussions within your town as Ed Meyer did with the BB gun?

Let me know.

Thanks.

We'll see an answer to this query?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would so very much like an explanation of this statement:

"Meyer said the gun was used, in part, to demostrate how high-capacity magazine clips are used.":banghead:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Got a reply today from Guilford .... FOIA request being "processed" ....

1-16 update: Got a call from Guilford ... they have 5 pages available (only 5? eh.) So I told them to mail copies (they wanted $0.50/page ~ I objected and provided them with a FIC advisory ruling concerning actual costs, not to exceed $0.50/page ... asked them to re-evaluate their fees and if they still want fifty cents per page, I would pay it and argue later about it). So I should get the records in about 2-5 days.

Anyone who wants a pdf of the records received, let me know in this thread or via PM...I can email the records collected.

The town has not yet responded about my ar demonstration ... when I get the records and had a chance to review them then I'll call them about it...if Ed Meyer can wave a weapon around, why can't we?

Last edited: