Thread: Wow... New NY Gun Laws

Wow... New NY Gun Laws

I have friends and family in NY and LI. One of them has assault rifles, others have hand guns that obviously hold more than SEVEN rounds. These types of rediculous restrictions are proof why we fear creeping total disarmament is the ultimate goal.

Seven rounds, five rounds what ever. Haven't these people ever heard of a "New York reload". I, like most armed citizens, train shooting with both right and left hands singularly as well as two handed. Shoot with one, pull the next weapon with the other, viola unlimited rounds!

If I pass the backround check then I should be able to carry what I feel I need and carry where ever I feel I need it. Which, of course is every where since no one knows where guns will be needed on a given day nor how many rounds will be needed. Man this is upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by No hate View Post
    I have friends and family in NY and LI. One of them has assault rifles, others have hand guns...
    correction, they are semi-automatic rifles with cosmetic features similar to that of military issue rifles. this specifically is one of the huge problems with media and misinformed citizens, and abuse of the term by legislators

"assault rifles" are fully automatic machine guns and selective fire guns (switch between semi and full auto, or semi auto and burst fire). though it is possible for even a New Yorker to legally own those too if they have the correct approval and tax stamps from BATF
    Last edited by motoxmann; 01-15-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Maybe it was one guy with six guns?

You better not be caught with a tube and a spring, might be considered materials to make a high capacity mag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post

"assault rifles" are fully automatic machine guns. though it is possible for even a New Yorker to legally own those too if they have the correct approval and tax stamps from BATF
    More correct to say "selective fire"? In CT you can have a fully auto rifle but it must be ONLY fully auto (pinned to disallow selective fire).

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    More correct to say "selective fire"? In CT you can have a fully auto rifle but it must be ONLY fully auto (pinned to disallow selective fire).

thanks, edited my above post to include that