• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow... New NY Gun Laws

No hate

I have friends and family in NY and LI. One of them has assault rifles, others have hand guns that obviously hold more than SEVEN rounds. These types of rediculous restrictions are proof why we fear creeping total disarmament is the ultimate goal.

Seven rounds, five rounds what ever. Haven't these people ever heard of a "New York reload". I, like most armed citizens, train shooting with both right and left hands singularly as well as two handed. Shoot with one, pull the next weapon with the other, viola unlimited rounds!

If I pass the backround check then I should be able to carry what I feel I need and carry where ever I feel I need it. Which, of course is every where since no one knows where guns will be needed on a given day nor how many rounds will be needed. Man this is upsetting.

motoxmann

I have friends and family in NY and LI. One of them has assault rifles, others have hand guns...

correction, they are semi-automatic rifles with cosmetic features similar to that of military issue rifles. this specifically is one of the huge problems with media and misinformed citizens, and abuse of the term by legislators

"assault rifles" are fully automatic machine guns and selective fire guns (switch between semi and full auto, or semi auto and burst fire). though it is possible for even a New Yorker to legally own those too if they have the correct approval and tax stamps from BATF

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
"assault rifles" are fully automatic machine guns. though it is possible for even a New Yorker to legally own those too if they have the correct approval and tax stamps from BATF

More correct to say "selective fire"? In CT you can have a fully auto rifle but it must be ONLY fully auto (pinned to disallow selective fire).