• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knob Creek Gun Range

travis1911

Please correct if I'm wrong guys.
I recently made my first trip to knob creek gun range and I was alarmed when every thirty minutes a "range master" made an announcement stating that no one can carry a loaded gun on or about their property. He went on to say that even the concealed carriers must unload before entering the property.
Is there a justifiable means for this or do they just believe they are above the state law?
This on top of rude service to my dad, younger brother, and myself ensures that will also be my last trip.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I too refused to go to Knob Creek for the fact that they do not allow carry.

They put up their banners about how they strongly support the Second Amendment but yet they strip that right from us if we come onto their property.

Being a private establishment they have the right to ban whatever they please, but it is quite hypocritical to say you support the Second when you prohibit the exercise of the right it protects!

I will NEVER go to a gun range where I cannot be armed at ALL times. I do NOT know who is using the range, and if someone decides to lose their mind while I am there I NEED the ability to defend myself! Everyone is armed at a gun range, and not having the immediate ability to protect one's self is ignorant!

dan_c012

Most gun shops ask that you don't carry loaded fire arms. Shooter suply is one I know of for sure. I am sure it also has something to do with all the accidental discarges they have had over the years.

Sometimes they can come off as rude. I thought so my first time out there. However after spending some timeout there and getting to know them a bit they for the most part are good people.

Personaly I know of no other range that you can shoot for $10 all day. That right there is my biggest reason for going out there. I also get a 12 month membership because it ends up saving me a bit of money.

FrostyKRU

FYI--- Tilfords and Lotus allow you to carry in store. TG&G also allows you to carry! Support them with your dollars!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Most gun shops ask that you don't carry loaded fire arms. Shooter suply is one I know of for sure. I am sure it also has something to do with all the accidental discarges they have had over the years.

Sometimes they can come off as rude. I thought so my first time out there. However after spending some timeout there and getting to know them a bit they for the most part are good people.

Personaly I know of no other range that you can shoot for $10 all day. That right there is my biggest reason for going out there. I also get a 12 month membership because it ends up saving me a bit of money.

My local gun shops allow any form of carry. They do NOT prohibit you from carrying a loaded firearm. They have a policy that any firearm brought in for maintenance or repair must be unloaded, but not firearms carried for SD.

My local range allows carry, and I can shoot 365 days a year for $55. There is NO excuse for prohibiting your customers from carrying when you supposedly support the Second Amendment!

travis1911

My local gun shops allow any form of carry. They do NOT prohibit you from carrying a loaded firearm. They have a policy that any firearm brought in for maintenance or repair must be unloaded, but not firearms carried for SD.

My local range allows carry, and I can shoot 365 days a year for $55. There is NO excuse for prohibiting your customers from carrying when you supposedly support the Second Amendment!

What range are you referring to here? I would drive a bit for a deal like that.

Orion_13

IDPA events usually have an area to load in and every where else you are to be empty. So limiting loaded guns at major events isn't all that uncommon. How long does it take you to load a mag and rack the slide? Being there under restrictions is just one of the known prices of admission.

Orion