Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First shot fired ....

Banned

First shot fired ....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...214040530.html

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is signing a tough and sweeping new gun control bill into law late Tuesday.

The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

Seriously, what does decreasing the mag capacity from 10 to 7 do? Flawed logic!
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

It's Zoo York, what can I say?

but I'm sure the gangs will conduct an audit to make sure that their arsenals are in full compliance with the new laws.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Many, many magazine fed firearms do not under 10 rd. magazines available. Ruger 10/22 for one, who knows how many pistols.

Thousands of guns will be rendered useless.

Compliance is NOT an option for New Yorkers.

Banned
    I wonder why I never felt the desire to move back to my native NY?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...214040530.html

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is signing a tough and sweeping new gun control bill into law late Tuesday.

The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.
    Again my question is who and how are they gonna decide who is and isn't mentally ill?
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    <snip> People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.
    And how exactly would the state know that you have a unregistered gun? I hope that this is not a rhetorical1 question.

1Form 4473 perhaps?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

First shot fired ....

The state should not have access to FFL records, but some states long ago became unconcerned with rules. I noted on another thread that WalMart and other retailers have been working with some idiotic governors coalition to maintain electronic gun purchase records. Now that is an abuse I do not care to support. And now that the 4473 is electronic, I wonder if batfe is harvesting and storing the information, in violation of FOPA

bye, bye Garand

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Again my question is who and how are they gonna decide who is and isn't mentally ill?
    I'm sure a psychiatrist is going to decide whether an individual is mentally ill, or not.

They are likely going to make the determination through a number of psychiatric sessions.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I'm not sure the people I want defining sanity are the same people that think my Savage 64 is an assault weapon.

Just saying.

Hast Du etwas Zeit fuer mich
    Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
    Von 99 Luftballons
    Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
    Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
    Von 99 Luftballons
    Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

99 Luftballons
    Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
    Darum schickte ein General
    'ne Fliegerstaffel hinterher
    Alarm zu geben, wenn's so waer
    Dabei war'n da am Horizont
    Nur 99 Luftballons

99 Duesenflieger
    Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
    Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
    Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
    Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
    Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
    Dabei schoss man am Horizont
    Auf 99 Luftballons

99 Kriegsminister
    Streichholz und Benzinkanister
    Hielten sich fuer schlaue Leute
    Witterten schon fette Beute
    Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
    Mann, wer haette das gedacht
    Dass es einmal soweit kommt
    Wegen 99 Luftballons

99 Jahre Krieg
    Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger
    Kriegsminister gibt's nicht mehr
    Und auch keine Duesenflieger
    Heute zieh ich meine Runden
    Seh' die Welt in Truemmern liegen
    Hab' 'nen Luftballon gefunden
    Denk' an Dich und lass' ihn fliegen
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Activist Member
    Most laws that are passed never have logic behind them. So this does not surprise me as the people for it have no understanding of logic in the first place.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    Most laws that are passed never have logic behind them. So this does not surprise me as the people for it have no understanding of logic in the first place.
    Please, don't take the easy way out. Your enemy is more cunning than you think; they know exactly what they are doing.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Please, don't take the easy way out. Your enemy is more cunning than you think; they know exactly what they are doing.

First thing you have said that I agree with. If you want to know what is happening look at history, look at history. There is a reason they are doing what they are doing. America is exceptional because we have been exceptionally free. I am sick and heartbroken at the evil these people intend for our nation.

No, it's perfect logic for gun grabbers. Think about it, just how many guns out there have less than 10 rounds? Also just think, it bans ALL of the current 10rd mags that are designed to comply with the current law. That is a ton of potential money for people buying new mags, and it will potentially cut down on mags that LACs have since a bunch likely won't replace all of their mags with new ones (and hell, some might even decide to get rid of their gun).

This is assuming that there isn't a grandfather clause, which I fully expect there to not be.

EDIT: Oh so old ones will be grandfathered, but have to be registered. So they would still get registration and the money from people buying the new mags. And I wouldn't be surprised if some people still decided to get rid of the guns/mags rather than dealing with the hassle of registering them.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 01-15-2013 at 11:17 PM.

I guess it means you have to bring three or more guns with you if you try something.

As for the 7-round capacity limit, maybe they want people to move up to a .45?
    IIRC, Glock has a compact .45 that holds 6+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I'm sure a psychiatrist is going to decide whether an individual is mentally ill, or not.
    They are likely going to make the determination through a number of psychiatric sessions.
    Which I'm sure will have to be paid for by the LAC wishing to exercise her rights.
    Wish we could have similar tests for people to vote, or speak in public, or hold office.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    I'm not sure the people I want defining sanity are the same people that think my Savage 64 is an assault weapon.

Just saying.

Hast Du etwas Zeit fuer mich
    Von 99 Luftballons
    Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
    Von 99 Luftballons
    Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

99 Luftballons
    Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
    Darum schickte ein General
    'ne Fliegerstaffel hinterher
    Alarm zu geben, wenn's so waer
    Dabei war'n da am Horizont
    Nur 99 Luftballons

99 Duesenflieger
    Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
    Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
    Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
    Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
    Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
    Dabei schoss man am Horizont
    Auf 99 Luftballons

99 Kriegsminister
    Streichholz und Benzinkanister
    Hielten sich fuer schlaue Leute
    Witterten schon fette Beute
    Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
    Mann, wer haette das gedacht
    Dass es einmal soweit kommt
    Wegen 99 Luftballons

99 Jahre Krieg
    Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger
    Kriegsminister gibt's nicht mehr
    Und auch keine Duesenflieger
    Heute zieh ich meine Runden
    Seh' die Welt in Truemmern liegen
    Hab' 'nen Luftballon gefunden
    Denk' an Dich und lass' ihn fliegen

Lasjayhawk!!!!

And now back to our normal chaos.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Is there a reason we're reliving the 1980s German peacenik movement?
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 01-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Is there a reason we're reliving the 1980s German peacenik movement?
    Well, the song is about a government overreacting to something and starting a war. Just replace 99 luftballons with 99 round magazines.
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Many, many magazine fed firearms do not under 10 rd. magazines available. Ruger 10/22 for one, who knows how many pistols.
    Five Round

Single Round

California regularly turns 30 round AR magazines into functioning 10 round magazines. I don't see why you cannot do this with most magazines by either changing the body of the magazine or the follower. Anyone should be able to do it in less than 10 minutes.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

First shot fired ....

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Five Round

Single Round

California regularly turns 30 round AR magazines into functioning 10 round magazines. I don't see why you cannot do this with most magazines by either changing the body of the magazine or the follower. Anyone should be able to do it in less than 10 minutes.
    wow single shot 10-22! ill keep my 25rd and 10rd mags

never knew the bothered to make single shotters
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 01-16-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

It is not the "examination" that is troubling, what is troubling is who gets to decide that you need to be examined.

Then there is the issue of a citizen refusing to be examined. A citizen's refusal will be justification for the forced comitment of a citizen. I believe it has happened before, in Virginia perhaps. Does forced comitment occur? Yes. Forced comitment prior to a examination being conducted that would have determined whether or not a citizen warranted comitment.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

And would this be one employed by the government or one employed by the individual seeking therapy?

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    It is not the "examination" that is troubling, what is troubling is who gets to decide that you need to be examined.

Then there is the issue of a citizen refusing to be examined. A citizen's refusal will be justification for the forced comitment of a citizen. I believe it has happened before, in Virginia perhaps. Does forced comitment occur? Yes. Forced comitment prior to a examination being conducted that would have determined whether or not a citizen warranted comitment.
    This is what I am talking about. They can decide or find any reason to declare someone mentally ill for a varied amount of reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast