• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First shot fired ....

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ny-gov-cuomo-prepares-sign-tough-gun-bill-214040530.html

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is signing a tough and sweeping new gun control bill into law late Tuesday.

The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

Jeff. State

Banned
Seriously, what does decreasing the mag capacity from 10 to 7 do? Flawed logic!

Many, many magazine fed firearms do not under 10 rd. magazines available. Ruger 10/22 for one, who knows how many pistols.

Thousands of guns will be rendered useless.

Compliance is NOT an option for New Yorkers.

KYKevin

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ny-gov-cuomo-prepares-sign-tough-gun-bill-214040530.html

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is signing a tough and sweeping new gun control bill into law late Tuesday.

The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

Again my question is who and how are they gonna decide who is and isn't mentally ill?

nonameisgood

The state should not have access to FFL records, but some states long ago became unconcerned with rules. I noted on another thread that WalMart and other retailers have been working with some idiotic governors coalition to maintain electronic gun purchase records. Now that is an abuse I do not care to support. And now that the 4473 is electronic, I wonder if batfe is harvesting and storing the information, in violation of FOPA

Beretta92FSLady

Again my question is who and how are they gonna decide who is and isn't mentally ill?

I'm sure a psychiatrist is going to decide whether an individual is mentally ill, or not.

They are likely going to make the determination through a number of psychiatric sessions.

Lasjayhawk

I'm not sure the people I want defining sanity are the same people that think my Savage 64 is an assault weapon.

Just saying.

:lol:

Hast Du etwas Zeit fuer mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

99 Luftballons
Hielt man fuer UFOs aus dem All
Darum schickte ein General
'ne Fliegerstaffel hinterher
Alarm zu geben, wenn's so waer
Dabei war'n da am Horizont
Nur 99 Luftballons

99 Duesenflieger
Jeder war ein grosser Krieger
Hielten sich fuer Captain Kirk
Das gab ein grosses Feuerwerk
Die Nachbarn haben nichts gerafft
Und fuehlten sich gleich angemacht
Dabei schoss man am Horizont
Auf 99 Luftballons

99 Kriegsminister
Streichholz und Benzinkanister
Hielten sich fuer schlaue Leute
Witterten schon fette Beute
Riefen: Krieg und wollten Macht
Mann, wer haette das gedacht
Dass es einmal soweit kommt
Wegen 99 Luftballons

99 Jahre Krieg
Liessen keinen Platz fuer Sieger
Kriegsminister gibt's nicht mehr
Und auch keine Duesenflieger
Heute zieh ich meine Runden
Seh' die Welt in Truemmern liegen
Hab' 'nen Luftballon gefunden
Denk' an Dich und lass' ihn fliegen

DWCook

Activist Member
Most laws that are passed never have logic behind them. So this does not surprise me as the people for it have no understanding of logic in the first place.

Beretta92FSLady

Most laws that are passed never have logic behind them. So this does not surprise me as the people for it have no understanding of logic in the first place.

Please, don't take the easy way out. Your enemy is more cunning than you think; they know exactly what they are doing.

MamabearCali

Please, don't take the easy way out. Your enemy is more cunning than you think; they know exactly what they are doing.

First thing you have said that I agree with. If you want to know what is happening look at history, look at history. There is a reason they are doing what they are doing. America is exceptional because we have been exceptionally free. I am sick and heartbroken at the evil these people intend for our nation.

Aknazer

Seriously, what does decreasing the mag capacity from 10 to 7 do? Flawed logic!

No, it's perfect logic for gun grabbers. Think about it, just how many guns out there have less than 10 rounds? Also just think, it bans ALL of the current 10rd mags that are designed to comply with the current law. That is a ton of potential money for people buying new mags, and it will potentially cut down on mags that LACs have since a bunch likely won't replace all of their mags with new ones (and hell, some might even decide to get rid of their gun).

This is assuming that there isn't a grandfather clause, which I fully expect there to not be.

EDIT: Oh so old ones will be grandfathered, but have to be registered. So they would still get registration and the money from people buying the new mags. And I wouldn't be surprised if some people still decided to get rid of the guns/mags rather than dealing with the hassle of registering them.

Last edited:

MKEgal

As for the 7-round capacity limit, maybe they want people to move up to a .45?
IIRC, Glock has a compact .45 that holds 6+1. :rolleyes:

Beretta92FSLady said:
I'm sure a psychiatrist is going to decide whether an individual is mentally ill, or not.
They are likely going to make the determination through a number of psychiatric sessions.
Which I'm sure will have to be paid for by the LAC wishing to exercise her rights.
Wish we could have similar tests for people to vote, or speak in public, or hold office.

Freedom1Man

I'm not sure the people I want defining sanity are the same people that think my Savage 64 is an assault weapon.

Just saying.

:lol:

Hast Du etwas Zeit fuer mich
Von 99 Luftballons
Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

99 Luftballons