• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First shot fired ....

09jisaac

Many, many magazine fed firearms do not under 10 rd. magazines available. Ruger 10/22 for one, who knows how many pistols.

Five Round

Single Round

California regularly turns 30 round AR magazines into functioning 10 round magazines. I don't see why you cannot do this with most magazines by either changing the body of the magazine or the follower. Anyone should be able to do it in less than 10 minutes.

PFC HALE

Five Round

Single Round

California regularly turns 30 round AR magazines into functioning 10 round magazines. I don't see why you cannot do this with most magazines by either changing the body of the magazine or the follower. Anyone should be able to do it in less than 10 minutes.

wow single shot 10-22! ill keep my 25rd and 10rd mags

never knew the bothered to make single shotters

Last edited:

OC for ME

I'm sure a psychiatrist is going to decide whether an individual is mentally ill, or not.

They are likely going to make the determination through a number of psychiatric sessions.
It is not the "examination" that is troubling, what is troubling is who gets to decide that you need to be examined.

Then there is the issue of a citizen refusing to be examined. A citizen's refusal will be justification for the forced comitment of a citizen. I believe it has happened before, in Virginia perhaps. Does forced comitment occur? Yes. Forced comitment prior to a examination being conducted that would have determined whether or not a citizen warranted comitment.

KYKevin

It is not the "examination" that is troubling, what is troubling is who gets to decide that you need to be examined.

Then there is the issue of a citizen refusing to be examined. A citizen's refusal will be justification for the forced comitment of a citizen. I believe it has happened before, in Virginia perhaps. Does forced comitment occur? Yes. Forced comitment prior to a examination being conducted that would have determined whether or not a citizen warranted comitment.

This is what I am talking about. They can decide or find any reason to declare someone mentally ill for a varied amount of reasons.

EMNofSeattle

Will the "pinning" your 30 rounders like the Canadians do :)cuss:) be acceptable? or would it not be allowed because it still looks to scary?

800px-PinnedARMag.jpg

mtlhdtodd

I would love to see all firearms and ammo related companies refuse to do ANY further business with any state or municipal agencies is states that pull this crap. That is if they REALLY stand for the 2nd amendment. The same for federal agencies as well.

motoxmann

I would love to see all firearms and ammo related companies refuse to do ANY further business with any state or municipal agencies is states that pull this crap. That is if they REALLY stand for the 2nd amendment. The same for federal agencies as well.

I strongly second this notion

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Five Round

Single Round

You can use a round limiter to turn a thirty round magazine into a ten round magazine. If you change the body of the magazine then you would no longer have a thirty round magazine because the only way you could change a round count by altering the body would be to shorten it.

The thing about it is that New York cannot have a magazine that is capable of being readily restored to accept over ten rounds. I would assume that this new law would be no different, and would prohibit them from possessing a magazine that holds more than seven rounds. If they prohibit possession of ten round magazines, then all current magazines will have to be discarded or grandfathered if that is an option. The ten round magazines would still be capable of being restored to hold ten rounds if the ten round magazine was reduced to seven through a round limiter, and therefore they would still be illegal because they could be restored to hold ten rounds easily.

Lasjayhawk

+1

If they don't like firearms, I say we help and cut them off.

motoxmann

The thing about it is that New York cannot have a magazine that is capable of being readily restored to accept over ten rounds. I would assume that this new law would be no different, and would prohibit them from possessing a magazine that holds more than seven rounds. If they prohibit possession of ten round magazines, then all current magazines will have to be discarded or grandfathered if that is an option. The ten round magazines would still be capable of being restored to hold ten rounds if the ten round magazine was reduced to seven through a round limiter, and therefore they would still be illegal because they could be restored to hold ten rounds easily.

I doubt it because they could still be altered to hold more than seven rounds.

you people REALLY need to read the new law before speaking. you are spreading INCORRECT information.

for quite some time now all mags capable of more than 10 rounds were completely banned. this means all mags possessed by citizens in NY can only functionally hold 10 rounds or less, and cannot be easily modified to accept more than 10.
the law states all of these mags can be kept, and DO NOT NEED TO BE MODIFIED!!! the law states that any mag capable of holding more than 7 rounds simply cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds.
this means: 10 round mag, 7 rounds in the mag, 1 round in the chamber: is completely legal.
there is nothing within the law stating owners of 10 round mags must get rid of the mags somehow. it simply states that you may not load more than 7 rounds into the mag, and no NEW mags may be sold within NYS that are capable of accepting more than 7 rounds

I am not defending the law by any means, I hate it and pray it gets abolished asap. I am simply stopping the spread of misinformation. if anyone else wants to speak of the law, READ IT FIRST SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAYS

Last edited:

OC for ME

you people REALLY need to read the new law before speaking. you are spreading INCORRECT information.

for quite some time now all mags capable of more than 10 rounds were completely banned. this means all mags possessed by citizens in NY can only functionally hold 10 rounds or less, and cannot be easily modified to accept more than 10.
the law states all of these mags can be kept, and DO NOT NEED TO BE MODIFIED!!! the law states that any mag capable of holding more than 7 rounds simply cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds.
this means: 10 round mag, 7 rounds in the mag, 1 round in the chamber: is completely legal.
there is nothing within the law stating owners of 10 round mags must get rid of the mags somehow. it simply states that you may not load more than 7 rounds into the mag, and no NEW mags may be sold within NYS that are capable of accepting more than 7 rounds

I am not defending the law by any means, I hate it and pray it gets abolished asap. I am simply stopping the spread of misinformation. if anyone else wants to speak of the law, READ IT FIRST SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAYS
A check for compliance with the seven round limit is in the works. It will be hilarious when a NY resident is detained so that LE may investigate for compliance.