Thread: Rally in Hartford

Rally in Hartford

Can anyone confirm?.........http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politic...pitol_82301289

I imagine this is the real deal, just wondering if anyone might be going?

yup, it's happening across the country at every capitol building this saturday. I'll be there OC'ing. I'm told sometimes people even bring AR's to these, yes even in CT at the capitol. Though in light of Meyer's recent "BB gun" stunt, I don't want to advocate bringing an AR onto public property.

quote from the above link: "Gun control supporters are planning a Valentine's Day rally at the Connecticut state Capitol."
    HAHA!! all the single ladies!!! (in a Beyonce voice rofl!)
    Last edited by motoxmann; 01-15-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    I don't want to advocate bringing an AR onto public property.
    I don't advocate it either, but there is a law against a BB gun in public that Senator Meyer violated. There is no law against OCing an AR. That is why the laws are so ridiculously silly.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I don't advocate it either, but there is a law against a BB gun in public that Senator Meyer violated. There is no law against OCing an AR. That is why the laws are so ridiculously silly.
    No even I would no be able to recommend this ... but you can bring your cases .. its makes the same point w/o you being in danger of getting shot by the fascists.

I would recommend folks wearing body armor .. just in case some trigger happy cop goes crazy.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.

We'll be there with the family in tow.

That for real? I mean... I obviously would never do it, but is there really nothing illegal about OC'ing an AR-15 in public???

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical_Evo View Post
    is there really nothing illegal about OC'ing an AR-15 in public???
    Why would there be?

That being said, OCing a rifle is even less common than OCing a pistol and is that much more likely to get you some interaction with LEOs. People who want to OC a long gun should be even more prepared to defend themselves legally.

But this forum is not about long gun OC, so that is where I will leave it.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned

People who want to OC a long gun should be even more prepared to defend themselves legally.

I think someone who is carrying an AR would be even more prepared lol.

I will be there and I will be OC a handgun and my AR will be on my back (going to have the US flag coming out the muzzle, I doubt anyone will even question me at the rally, try doing it on Monday and you may have some issues. Additionally, I will be offering Life Memberships to the NRA for $300, if you are interested bring a check made out to the NRA for $300. I should also note that I am not a recruiter and am making no money for offering this Life membership Discount.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

Quote Originally Posted by brk913 View Post
    I will be there and I will be OC a handgun and my AR will be on my back (going to have the US flag coming out the muzzle, I doubt anyone will even question me at the rally, try doing it on Monday and you may have some issues. Additionally, I will be offering Life Memberships to the NRA for $300, if you are interested bring a check made out to the NRA for $300. I should also note that I am not a recruiter and am making no money for offering this Life membership Discount.
    thats a Patriot right thurr!

WTNH: Gun rally protests future gun control legislation

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connect...n#.UPtPqWfZXPQ

NICE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HFD_rally_OC_AR.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	9856
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post
    WTNH: Gun rally protests future gun control legislation

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connect...n#.UPtPqWfZXPQ

NICE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HFD_rally_OC_AR.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	9856
    I like the AR ... and at least they got most all of the law correct. No counter demonstrators mentioned.

next one would be at committee hearings ! a turnout like this will get the anti-s a little bit worried...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    next one would be at committee hearings ! a turnout like this will get the anti-s a little bit worried...
    Would be even better if the turnout were much larger. Imagine if even 1/4 of CT gun owners showed up to express opposition!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I like the AR ... and at least they got most all of the law correct. No counter demonstrators mentioned.

Thanks, it's a Colt M4.....notice the Sig P226 right next to it.....I was not the only one up there with an AR, I saw at least 5 others and some other rifles as well.....

I could not get one person to sign up for the NRA Life Membership for $300, maybe they did not trust me with their check or did not have a check with them, I have till 2/20/13 to get people signed up, after that I need to mail it in, if anyone here is interested in the $300 special contact me at brian@ctpistolpermit.com

The press way underestimated the turnout, I would say the numbers were close to 2,000, a Capitol Police Officer I spoke with said with all the people coming and going there could have been 4,000...

Counter protestors were there early, I got there about 10:30 and saw them leaving the Capitol area through Bushnell Park about 10:45, there were about 35 of them a few pushing strollers....rumor was Capitol Police told them to leave as they did not have a permit but I was unable to confirm that from an official source....
    Last edited by brk913; 01-21-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com