• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally in Hartford

motoxmann

yup, it's happening across the country at every capitol building this saturday. I'll be there OC'ing. I'm told sometimes people even bring AR's to these, yes even in CT at the capitol. Though in light of Meyer's recent "BB gun" stunt, I don't want to advocate bringing an AR onto public property.

quote from the above link: "Gun control supporters are planning a Valentine's Day rally at the Connecticut state Capitol."
HAHA!! all the single ladies!!! (in a Beyonce voice rofl!)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't advocate it either, but there is a law against a BB gun in public that Senator Meyer violated. There is no law against OCing an AR. That is why the laws are so ridiculously silly.

No even I would no be able to recommend this ... but you can bring your cases .. its makes the same point w/o you being in danger of getting shot by the fascists.

I would recommend folks wearing body armor .. just in case some trigger happy cop goes crazy.

Last edited:

Tactical_Evo

I don't advocate it either, but there is a law against a BB gun in public that Senator Meyer violated. There is no law against OCing an AR. That is why the laws are so ridiculously silly.

That for real? I mean... I obviously would never do it, but is there really nothing illegal about OC'ing an AR-15 in public???

Rich B

is there really nothing illegal about OC'ing an AR-15 in public???

Why would there be?

That being said, OCing a rifle is even less common than OCing a pistol and is that much more likely to get you some interaction with LEOs. People who want to OC a long gun should be even more prepared to defend themselves legally.

But this forum is not about long gun OC, so that is where I will leave it.

brk913

I will be there and I will be OC a handgun and my AR will be on my back (going to have the US flag coming out the muzzle, I doubt anyone will even question me at the rally, try doing it on Monday and you may have some issues. Additionally, I will be offering Life Memberships to the NRA for $300, if you are interested bring a check made out to the NRA for $300. I should also note that I am not a recruiter and am making no money for offering this Life membership Discount.

motoxmann

I will be there and I will be OC a handgun and my AR will be on my back (going to have the US flag coming out the muzzle, I doubt anyone will even question me at the rally, try doing it on Monday and you may have some issues. Additionally, I will be offering Life Memberships to the NRA for $300, if you are interested bring a check made out to the NRA for $300. I should also note that I am not a recruiter and am making no money for offering this Life membership Discount.

thats a Patriot right thurr! :)

davidmcbeth

Banned

brk913

I like the AR ... and at least they got most all of the law correct. No counter demonstrators mentioned.

next one would be at committee hearings ! a turnout like this will get the anti-s a little bit worried...

Thanks, it's a Colt M4.....notice the Sig P226 right next to it.....I was not the only one up there with an AR, I saw at least 5 others and some other rifles as well.....

I could not get one person to sign up for the NRA Life Membership for $300, maybe they did not trust me with their check or did not have a check with them, I have till 2/20/13 to get people signed up, after that I need to mail it in, if anyone here is interested in the $300 special contact me at brian@ctpistolpermit.com

The press way underestimated the turnout, I would say the numbers were close to 2,000, a Capitol Police Officer I spoke with said with all the people coming and going there could have been 4,000...

Counter protestors were there early, I got there about 10:30 and saw them leaving the Capitol area through Bushnell Park about 10:45, there were about 35 of them a few pushing strollers....rumor was Capitol Police told them to leave as they did not have a permit but I was unable to confirm that from an official source....

Last edited: