Thread: Rally In Madison, Saturday Jan 19th (this saturday!)

Rally In Madison, Saturday Jan 19th (this saturday!)

Who's going?!

Copied from an email I received from Nik at WCI:

Greetings in Freedom,

While this is NOT a Wisconsin Carry event and we have no affiliation with the organizers of this rally, I felt compelled to at least pass along information about a pro-gun rally that is taking place this Saturday January 19th in Madison outside the Capitol Building.

A large number of folks will be gathering on the Capitol Square at noon on the eastern most corner of the Capitol Square (around the Hans Christian Heg statute) (corner of E. Main St and S. Pinckney St.)

The purpose of this rally is a show of support for the rights of law-abiding gun owners. It is part of a "guns across America" day with similar rallies at State Capitols across the country.
    Link to facebook event page for this rally: http://www.facebook.com/events/330657227050445/

For those who cannot or do not wish to make a drive to Madison there is also a "gun appreciation day" movement this Saturday encouraging individuals to visit their local gun store, gun range, etc. to show their appreciation for the right to keep and bear arms. Details at this website: http://gunappreciationday.com/

Carry On,

Nik Clark
    Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Come on guys - anyone on this board anymore?!

Yes, there are people going. We've been discussing it on FaceBook for several days.
    There's also a breakfast that morning at Ellie's. There's a thread about that here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Yes, there are people going. We've been discussing it on FaceBook for several days.
    There's also a breakfast that morning at Ellie's. There's a thread about that here too.
    Ahh - well I refuse to use Facebook because of their pandering to the left wingers and blatent censorship of pro-gun sites.

I must be one of the few...

No Facebook For Me Either, Or Any Other Social Gathering Site

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Ahh - well I refuse to use Facebook because of their pandering to the left wingers and blatant censorship of pro-gun sites.

I must be one of the few...
    Never had it, never will. Not MySpace or any other social site where your life is posted for all to see.

I'm going to try to make it. Been under the weather lately recovering from the Flu so I won't know until Saturday morning.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Rally In Madison, Saturday Jan 19th (this saturday!)

I might make it. Working till 10am that morning though. Gonna be dead tired.

Hoping for a large-ish turn out. So far the media looks to be snubbing the event (of course) with nobody committing to coverage.

The good news is it should be 46f on Saturday in Madison. Hopefully that means some of the *maybes* turn into *ah why not, it's nice out!*

As of this moment, the Guns Across America rally being held at noon on the 19th event on Facebook has 350 as "going" and another 250 "maybe". Figure another 50 or more from AR15.com and other sources at least.

Some of the speakers have been helpful to gun rights for a while, and are familiar with people here.

Go because of what you believe in, not because of who else goes.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by anmut
    So far the media looks to be snubbing the event (of course) with nobody committing to coverage.
    Vicki McKenna is of course giving air time & publicity.
    We need to find contact info for the media outlets in Madistan & Killwaukee, & have lots of people email the info & encourage them to cover the event.

Vicki McKenna is of course giving air time & publicity.
    We need to find contact info for the media outlets in Madistan & Killwaukee, & have lots of people email the info & encourage them to cover the event.
    Heheh... Madistan. Stealing that.

See ya'll there - we'll be the dad, mom and 12y/o with the Gadsden, Gonzales and Betsy Ross flags.

Just to double check, carry is legal on capital property (outside), yes?

Quote Originally Posted by anmut
    Just to double check, carry is legal on capital property (outside), yes?
    Just like any other non-school property, yes.
    It's supposed to be legal in the building (with a license), but apparently they got some kind of exemption from the overall state building policy saying that they won't prohibit carry... so they only allow loaded hidden weapons.

ETA:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Capitol (grounds &/or building) are designated as a state park?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 01-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Just like any other non-school property, yes.
    It's supposed to be legal in the building (with a license), but apparently they got some kind of exemption from the overall state building policy saying that they won't prohibit carry... so they only allow loaded hidden weapons.

ETA:
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Capitol (grounds &/or building) are designated as a state park?

That's something I never thought of . I'm not even sure how to find that out.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    That's something I never thought of . I'm not even sure how to find that out.
    I don't think so - although it would be a good question to pose to the leadership of tomorrow's rally...

It will be kind of cool if a huge crowd shows up and gives no money to the posted no carry businesses that surround the capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    It will be kind of cool if a huge crowd shows up and gives no money to the posted no carry businesses that surround the capitol.
    Sad thing is - the business owners wouldn't care. They enjoy the smell of their own farts so much that most would turn down business just to spite freedom loving "clingers."

Can't wait for tomorrow - my son, wife, wife's friend and I will see ya'll there!

Had a good time today - wish there would have been name tags so I could have met any of the opencarry.org peeps. My wife, her friend, son & I were up to the left of the speaker with the flags as we got there just as it was beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Had a good time today - wish there would have been name tags so I could have met any of the opencarry.org peeps. My wife, her friend, son & I were up to the left of the speaker with the flags as we got there just as it was beginning.
    I include some pictures from other states from the blaze. Can someone put madison rally pictures on the forum?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-the-pictures/