• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FN H Five Seven ?

Brooks P

Did FNH stop making the five seven gun for retail sales? I use to see it in several online stores and local shops now all I can find are used ones for sale.

decklin

The five seven was used by Hasan at Ft. Hood. If they didn't stop making it then why would they do it now?

exelci

Yes i can.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...stop_selling_guns_while_congress_debates.html

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013...-retailers-to-stop-sales-as-congress-debates/

Sen. Charles Schumer says retailers that sell assault weapons should stop offering them for purchase while Congress discusses gun regulation legislation.

Schumer on Sunday released a letter he sent to major retailers asking for a voluntary moratorium.

The New York Democrat says consumer demand for guns has gone up in the weeks since the December mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Schumer says Congress is debating the issue, and if measures get passed that limit these type of weapons, it won't help if more of them have recently been sold.

President Barack Obama has made gun control a top priority. Vice President Joe Biden is expected to give him a comprehensive package of recommendations for curbing gun violence this week.

Aside from the outrageous nature of his request for gun shops to stop selling weapons while Congress debates the issue of gun control, there is the ridiculous notion that gun shop owners will, in effect, impose a voluntary ban even if Congress is unable to achieve it. Why should gun owners do Congress's job for them?

If Schumer wants to ban "assault weapons," let him try. But don't ask the industry to cooperate in their own potential demise.

Assault Looking guns and rifles in particular, thats why you still run in to glocks, sigs, 1911's.. etc.

Nothing with a bad reputation.. thats how i would describe it.

" The five seven was used by Hasan at Ft. Hood. If they didn't stop making it then why would they do it now? " +1

Last edited: