Thread: State Capitals this saturday

State Capitals this saturday

There is a big movement for turnout at state capitals this saturday to exercise firearm rights. I know they are planning for big turnouts in SC, TN, and KY. Has anyone heard of or plan to visit the state capital this saturday for gun day?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Nope!
    What good would it do anyway? No one will be working.

I've got bills comingup all day tomorrow, some Thursday and if I get time, the gun bills Friday morning.

I'm going hunting Saturday.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    It wouldn't make much sense to be at the capitol on Saturday when we have Lobby Day this upcoming Monday. Want to make an impact with your fellow gun owners? Be at the General Assembly building in Richmond at 8:30 am on Monday!

Lobby day is for state issues. This is a nation wide plan. We do not want to be the state where no one shows up and we look the laughing stock.

No, we'll be the one state where showing up and talking with our legislators will actually make something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    It wouldn't make much sense to be at the capitol on Saturday when we have Lobby Day this upcoming Monday. Want to make an impact with your fellow gun owners? Be at the General Assembly building in Richmond at 8:30 am on Monday!
    Sounds like a plan... I assume we will be carrying openly

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Lobby day is for state issues. This is a nation wide plan. We do not want to be the state where no one shows up and we look the laughing stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    No, we'll be the one state where showing up and talking with our legislators will actually make something happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjakesnyder1988 View Post
    Sounds like a plan... I assume we will be carrying openly
    Can't very well talk with legislators and staff that aren't there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Hmmmmm...I understand and I was planning to be at both. Just don't want to leave people hanging out to dry. This has gone out all over the web, I know how I would feel if I was a newbie and all gun-ho and I showed up at a rally and there was nothing and no one there. Then again I don't know if anyone has done the leg work and likely it is too late to do so now.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Hmmmmm...I understand and I was planning to be at both. Just don't want to leave people hanging out to dry. This has gone out all over the web, I know how I would feel if I was a newbie and all gun-ho and I showed up at a rally and there was nothing and no one there. Then again I don't know if anyone has done the leg work and likely it is too late to do so now.
    Not intended as a personal reply:

Research and know your target - p!ss poor planning prevents proper performance.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yes, it was bad planning. These things take enormous effort. Not my idea...just was willing to go along for the ride. Perhaps (and I don't have the resources for this) a person representing VCDL could be on site with a flyer or lobby day. Just, I was new once, I had never been to anything related to this stuff. I heard about a meeting (this was a tea party) if I had showed up and there had been nothing I would have been supremely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjakesnyder1988 View Post
    .......I know they are planning for big turnouts in SC, TN, and KY......
    Add Washington State to your list. We invited legislators and a few volunteered.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington