• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Capitals this saturday

cjakesnyder1988

There is a big movement for turnout at state capitals this saturday to exercise firearm rights. I know they are planning for big turnouts in SC, TN, and KY. Has anyone heard of or plan to visit the state capital this saturday for gun day?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nope!
What good would it do anyway? No one will be working.

I've got bills comingup all day tomorrow, some Thursday and if I get time, the gun bills Friday morning.

I'm going hunting Saturday.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It wouldn't make much sense to be at the capitol on Saturday when we have Lobby Day this upcoming Monday. Want to make an impact with your fellow gun owners? Be at the General Assembly building in Richmond at 8:30 am on Monday!

MamabearCali

Lobby day is for state issues. This is a nation wide plan. We do not want to be the state where no one shows up and we look the laughing stock.

cjakesnyder1988

It wouldn't make much sense to be at the capitol on Saturday when we have Lobby Day this upcoming Monday. Want to make an impact with your fellow gun owners? Be at the General Assembly building in Richmond at 8:30 am on Monday!

Sounds like a plan... I assume we will be carrying openly :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lobby day is for state issues. This is a nation wide plan. We do not want to be the state where no one shows up and we look the laughing stock.

No, we'll be the one state where showing up and talking with our legislators will actually make something happen.

Sounds like a plan... I assume we will be carrying openly :)

Can't very well talk with legislators and staff that aren't there.

MamabearCali

Hmmmmm...I understand and I was planning to be at both. Just don't want to leave people hanging out to dry. This has gone out all over the web, I know how I would feel if I was a newbie and all gun-ho and I showed up at a rally and there was nothing and no one there. Then again I don't know if anyone has done the leg work and likely it is too late to do so now.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hmmmmm...I understand and I was planning to be at both. Just don't want to leave people hanging out to dry. This has gone out all over the web, I know how I would feel if I was a newbie and all gun-ho and I showed up at a rally and there was nothing and no one there. Then again I don't know if anyone has done the leg work and likely it is too late to do so now.

Not intended as a personal reply:

Research and know your target - p!ss poor planning prevents proper performance.

MamabearCali

Yes, it was bad planning. These things take enormous effort. Not my idea...just was willing to go along for the ride. Perhaps (and I don't have the resources for this) a person representing VCDL could be on site with a flyer or lobby day. Just, I was new once, I had never been to anything related to this stuff. I heard about a meeting (this was a tea party) if I had showed up and there had been nothing I would have been supremely disappointed.