• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rally Saturday

cch10000

A pro-gun rally is being held this Saturday, January 19, 2013 at Noon on the West steps of the Capitol. Bring your friends and family in a show of solidarity to protect our rights! Open carry is unlawful in Denver. Bring flags and signs but please consider not wearing camo gear. The media and public need to realize that this is a movement of their friends and neighbors and not a fringe element.

Three guys are needed at 9 am to help unload and set up the sound system - please call me if you are able to assist
If you have an activist organization that would like to be present at a table, please call me
if you have a business that sells patriotic items, survival/prepper supplies, firearms training or other compatible products and would like to sell/display, please call me
Do you know someone with a strong voice for constitutional rights that should be speaking? - call me

FaceBook event https://www.facebook.com/events/191043247708127/

National event site http://gunappreciationday.com/

Flyer attached for distribution

Regina Thomson
President
COPAC
regina.thomson@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Vader33

I won't be attending because I have to work that day but I totally support this! However, I would advise not carrying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GvdM

I will be there. Nothing outside of a family emergency will get in the way. This is too important. With the present composition of our state legislature and governor a show of strength is the only thing they will take notice of.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Rolling menace

I will be there. Nothing outside of a family emergency will get in the way. This is too important. With the present composition of our state legislature and governor a show of strength is the only thing they will take notice of.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I plan on attending.. The organizers of the rally are setting up a carpool from Colorado Springs if anyone is interested in riding or driving people up and splitting gas.. The plan is to meet up at the woodmen and I25 park and ride between 930 and NLT 945 am departing at 10 am sharp

Saxxon

Other side of the building, or street.

There was around 700 in attendance, but if you were on the other side of the street there was only a half dozen anti-gun protesters.

Boat Guy

God bless you folks who organized and those who attended as well. I was returning to the state from a family emergency and just didn't get here in time.
What's next?
copied from an email waiting in my box when I got back;
"COLORADO GUN CONTROL ISSUES
It's here Colorado. The bills are filed. There is NO grandfathering of "black rifles"! like the AR-15. Turn them in, cut them up. This is like the UK confiscation. Way worse than Feinstein's federal ban bill. Mayor Bloomberg is sending a well funded anti-gun lobbying team to Colorado.There will be TV and radio bombardment with scary, anti-gun messages. They don't seem the least bit interested in making the case to fix our broken mental health system first and to get the nut cases prohibited.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ature-to-consider-14-to-20-gun-control-bills/

There is no way for the Republicans to stop it given their minority status. Only a handful of courageous Democrats can do so and they will be under excruciating pressure to tow the party line. IF YOU HAVEN'T CALLED YOUR STATE REP OR SENATOR, PLEASE DO IT NOW!! Also, please call the House Speaker's office (Mark Ferrnandino 303-866-2346) and the Senate President's office (John Morse 303-866-6364)! Also call the majority leaders in the House (Dickey Lee Hullinghorst 303-866-2348) and senate (Morgan Carroll, 303-866-4879). They are the ones that shepherd legislation through the state house and they can hold a bill up if they think it's going to do them serious political damage from all the blowback.

BTW, email is NOT as effective as calling! Be civil but firm, NO BANS of ANY KIND are acceptable! Remind them that you not only vote, but you care enough about this issue that you will also contribute and volunteer. An activist is worth 100 passive voters.

I'll let you know if I hear anything about organizing opposition and peaceful protests.

How to Find My Colorado State Representative | eHow.com "