• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

assault weapons ban introduced in legislature

Carryon

Good luck fighting it. Not good considering what VT stands for.

Used to live in MA, know what it is like. I See what is going on in IL. You can see how quickly NY caved in.

davidmcbeth

Banned
(3) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine
that holds more than five rounds of ammunition...

(e) This section shall not apply to a semiautomatic assault weapon:
(1) manufactured for, transferred to, or possessed by the United States or
a department or agency of the United States, or any state or a department,
agency, or political subdivision of a state;

OK, the gov't can have 100 rd mag when they are illegally acting upon you but you can shoot back 5 rds ...

Yeah, I'll be changing my mags right away .. not.

davidmcbeth

Banned

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now he want to stop trading guns for drugs ... this guy is an anti-capitalism guy too !

He figured out no support for the bill existed except in his own mind ...

Maybe he got some death threats and knew that citizens could actually do it !

David White

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This man has put down on paper what many people are thinking, but are too cautious to express openly. I hope it never comes to what he is advocating, but I can certainly see where the possibility exists. God help us all if it ever does happen.
PS Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the author:

Dean Garrison (born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana , Illinois , and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigation and Shooting Reconstruction are widely published in forensic journals under the name of

D.H. Garrison, Jr.

Subject: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

Posted on January 3, 2013 by Dean Garrison

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.

Excerpt ... Read more at Garrison's page at

http://dcclothesline.wordpress.com/...r-guns-do-you-have-a-responsibility-to-fight/

---------------------------------

Through regulations, taxation, inflation of the money supply, trade restrictions, and tethers on private associations, government itself is nothing but a massive drain on prosperity. The situation has become deeply dangerous for the future of freedom in America, with young people unable to find jobs, opportunities being destroyed in sector after sector, banks and corporations living on the dole, and so many regulations that we are living under something nearly as egregious as Soviet-style central planning.

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him --- better take a closer look at the American Indian.

Henry Ford

Last edited by a moderator:

saiga12boy

(3) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine
that holds more than five rounds of ammunition...

(e) This section shall not apply to a semiautomatic assault weapon:
(1) manufactured for, transferred to, or possessed by the United States or
a department or agency of the United States, or any state or a department,
agency, or political subdivision of a state;

OK, the gov't can have 100 rd mag when they are illegally acting upon you but you can shoot back 5 rds ...

Yeah, I'll be changing my mags right away .. not.
1776!