Thread: nullification

nullification

Thanks for posting this!!!! I spoke in the Misouri Capitol Rotunda today to a group of about 300 people at the third annual "Consent of the Governed".
    The response was very , very good!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Just beautiful. Everyone call or write to support it.

So THIS is the kind of nullification y'all were talking about. Amazing. I just love it.

Last resort, there is another kind: on the jury. Keep mum through the "speak out" phase and then "Not Guilty" at the end.

Missouri Constitution
    Article I
    BILL OF RIGHTS
    Section 23

August 28, 2012

Right to keep and bear arms--exception.

That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
    While our state constitution is more narrow in its version of "the people" that the 2A. I am not well convinced that SCOTUS would see it our way. But, what could the feds do if Missouri simply stated, "beyond any federal enclave" you have no jurisdiction within the state of Missouri without the cooperation/oversight of Missouri law enforcement. I suspect that there are enough folks in Missouri LE that are lap dogs of the feds.

Where can I buy a Missouri made AR? XD clone? My Missouri made S&W Model 60 clone? My Missouri made shot gun clones? My Missouri made Savage bolt action clones?

Seems that the intent is well intended but the application to and in law is missing the mark.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Where can I buy a Missouri made AR? XD clone? My Missouri made S&W Model 60 clone? My Missouri made shot gun clones? My Missouri made Savage bolt action clones?

Seems that the intent is well intended but the application to and in law is missing the mark.
    Wasn't it MO-owned or MO-made?

Sounds like they are aiming to protect the interests of any citizen, as well as any manufacturer. Which is awesome. And necessary. The guns you own at home, some guns not sold yet in a warehouse, either way they are covered.

What a beautiful bill. I'm proud of our state. Is there any update on its status? Please call or write to support it, everyone.

HB170 has been read on the floor twice and referred to the General Laws Committee. The representatives on the committee are the ones who need to be talked to. They have the ability to kill the bill or keep it moving threw the process.

Do you have the info on who to talk to?

I will make a poster for my local gun shop.

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26g0rWwvYVY

about nullification ... this discussion starts at 2:47 of the video

not a bad video .. some humor too

__________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    It will never get a hearing!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO