• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

nullification

mspgunner

Thanks for posting this!!!! I spoke in the Misouri Capitol Rotunda today to a group of about 300 people at the third annual "Consent of the Governed".
The response was very , very good!

HP995

Just beautiful. Everyone call or write to support it.

So THIS is the kind of nullification y'all were talking about. Amazing. I just love it.

Last resort, there is another kind: on the jury. Keep mum through the "speak out" phase and then "Not Guilty" at the end. :)

OC for ME

Missouri Constitution
Article I
BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 23

August 28, 2012

Right to keep and bear arms--exception.

That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
While our state constitution is more narrow in its version of "the people" that the 2A. I am not well convinced that SCOTUS would see it our way. But, what could the feds do if Missouri simply stated, "beyond any federal enclave" you have no jurisdiction within the state of Missouri without the cooperation/oversight of Missouri law enforcement. I suspect that there are enough folks in Missouri LE that are lap dogs of the feds.

Where can I buy a Missouri made AR? XD clone? My Missouri made S&W Model 60 clone? My Missouri made shot gun clones? My Missouri made Savage bolt action clones?

Seems that the intent is well intended but the application to and in law is missing the mark.

HP995

Where can I buy a Missouri made AR? XD clone? My Missouri made S&W Model 60 clone? My Missouri made shot gun clones? My Missouri made Savage bolt action clones?

Seems that the intent is well intended but the application to and in law is missing the mark.

Wasn't it MO-owned or MO-made?

Sounds like they are aiming to protect the interests of any citizen, as well as any manufacturer. Which is awesome. And necessary. The guns you own at home, some guns not sold yet in a warehouse, either way they are covered.

What a beautiful bill. I'm proud of our state. Is there any update on its status? Please call or write to support it, everyone.

WCEarp

HB170 has been read on the floor twice and referred to the General Laws Committee. The representatives on the committee are the ones who need to be talked to. They have the ability to kill the bill or keep it moving threw the process.

HP995

Do you have the info on who to talk to?

I will make a poster for my local gun shop.