• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2013 firearms bills

mspgunner

I'm going to have to watch this one. Thanks.

Youknow you live in an OC , Ok City? The LEOs I've encountered there have no problem with OC and know the law. We are almost neighbors too.... In a week or two I'll be putting in some volunteer time at your State Rep's District office across the street from Michell's (Probablt didn't spell that correctly). You have a very pro-2A State Rep! He knows a bit about OC as well....

Gotgoo

Youknow you live in an OC , Ok City? The LEOs I've encountered there have no problem with OC and know the law. We are almost neighbors too.... In a week or two I'll be putting in some volunteer time at your State Rep's District office across the street from Michell's (Probablt didn't spell that correctly). You have a very pro-2A State Rep! He knows a bit about OC as well....

I just learned that recently after just moving here from Jefferson county, but it would be nice to carry anywhere without a worry of breaking any city laws. I've read that you need a ccw to carry and that you don't need one to carry in Eureka so I was unsure, but I didn't find anything against it on Eurekas website. What kind of volunteer work will you be doing?

mspgunner

I just learned that recently after just moving here from Jefferson county, but it would be nice to carry anywhere without a worry of breaking any city laws. I've read that you need a ccw to carry and that you don't need one to carry in Eureka so I was unsure, but I didn't find anything against it on Eurekas website. What kind of volunteer work will you be doing?

I'll staffing his district office a few hours once in a while, times to ne determined...
Personally I don't kniw if a CCW is needed or not in Eureka. I live in Wildwood, NO OC here!

kylemoul

My parents live near Eureka, and last time I checked which has been a year or so, OC is legal. Their ordinance does have section about possession while intoxicated. That would apply to OC but CC would be preempted by state law.

I have heard a few people who OC have been harassed by Eureka LEO, but not arrested.

15-44.2 is their weapons offense section for reference.

Superlite27

Great bill.

The only suggestion I would add, if someone cares to mention it to the right ear, is to offer an amendment to include the word "memorandum" to paragraph #4.

The BATFE is very fond of ruling by memo.

mspgunner

2013 OC is possible

This is three years in the making, if we get this we'll be headed in the right direction for urban and rural OCers. More to follow, headed to Jefferson City tomorrow. I don't want to see any B/S comments, if you think you can do better, go for it! In the spirit and climate of our legislature I think this is a bill that might go the distance.

The concept is to keep OC legal where it now exists without a CCW and to enhance our OC right to extend to place where it is prohibited.

OC "Preemption" is not going to happen this year, like it or not, that is a "POLITICAL" reality. You have to be there to understand the facts, it went no where last year and would be DOA this year.

More information in a few days..... There will be work to do.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billsummary....ar=2013&code=R