Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81

Thread: Obama's 23 EO's

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Obama's 23 EO's

    There was a lot in these and his speech that was written in between the lines.

    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.


    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

    11. Nominate an ATF director.

    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health

  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    There was a lot in these and his speech that was written in between the lines.

    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.


    2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

    3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

    6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

    7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

    8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

    9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

    10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

    11. Nominate an ATF director.

    12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

    13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

    15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

    16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

    17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

    18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

    19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

    20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

    21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

    23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health
    Most of it is bovine scatology~~but lookout, the feds will probably start looking for GFSZA violations. If they do who is going to enforce it, where will the money come from to put feds patrolling the schools? Looking for LAC instead of protecting children.

    As far as mental health, the mentally ill commit very few crimes and slim homicides. The damage of fear of seeking help because of being labeled are far more dangerous than pushing health providers into becoming cops.

    Personally I believe he should look seriously into why more mass murders are committed in Gun Free Zones. Why there is such a racial divide in the homicide rate between the races. As much as some will whine the stats and facts show that most shootings are either black on black. "Assault Guns" are used rarely in crimes. Fully auto weapons have not been used in a crime in decades. Why people who are barred from possessing a firearm easily get a firearm and possess them in spite of laws.

    He should understand that he is limiting the ability of abused spouses to get a weapon and have the ability to protect them from harm. Many of these are poor, and minorities who are his constituents. That the rise in prices of ammo, and guns actually punish the poor.

    The longer Obama is in office the more he shows himself to be a arrogant bumbling buffoon.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-16-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Most of it is bovine scatology~~but lookout, the feds will probably start looking for GFSZA violations. If they do who is going to enforce it, where will the money come from to put feds patrolling the schools? Looking for LAC instead of protecting children.

    As far as mental health, the mentally ill commit very few crimes and slim homicides. The damage of fear of seeking help because of being labeled are far more dangerous than pushing health providers into becoming cops.

    Personally I believe he should look seriously into why more mass murders are committed in Gun Free Zones. Why there is such a racial divide in the homicide rate between the races. As much as some will whine the stats and facts show that most shootings are either black on black. "Assault Guns" are used rarely in crimes. Fully auto weapons have not been used in a crime in decades. Why people who are barred from possessing a firearm easily get a firearm and possess them in spite of laws.

    He should understand that he is limiting the ability of abused spouses to get a weapon and have the ability to protect them from harm. Many of these are poor, and minorities who are his constituents. That the rise in prices of ammo, and guns actually punish the poor.

    The longer Obama is in office the more he shows himself to be a arrogant bumbling buffoon.
    Biden is a bumbling ass but Obama is an evil genius.
    His goal is registration and he wants to do it with background checks for ALL purchases. This is only step one.

    Glad I don't have any guns or a CHP!

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    --snip--

    Glad I don't have any guns or a CHP!
    Loads of common sense though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Biden is a bumbling ass but Obama is an evil genius.
    His goal is registration and he wants to do it with background checks for ALL purchases. This is only step one.

    Glad I don't have any guns or a CHP!
    The question begs~How will they enforce it? Are they going to search homes to see who no longer is in possession of a firearm? Private sales will continue as they always have, they will just be illegal now. How is doing is making criminals of honest people, or attempting to. Who in their right mind is going to go a FFL to get charged up the a$$ when the FFL wants to sell his products. More people will hang on to the firearms they own, IMO. I also believe there will be a increase in cap and ball revolvers, and conversion kits which so far are outside the scope of the radar. I expect more people to actually make their own firearms from castings. These are not followed and not serial numbered to be tracked, and are legal. But I foresee some garage machine shops popping up to make these for cash. There is no way without a paper trail for the feds to know who actually did the finishing on the firearms.

    Yes it is one of the biggest reasons I no longer have a permit. All states report permit holders to the FBI.

    Step 2 is changing the SCOTUS. We all must pray for the health of the conservative justices.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-16-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The question begs~How will they enforce it? Are they going to search homes to see who no longer is in possession of a firearm? Private sales will continue as they always have, they will just be illegal now. How is doing is making criminals of honest people, or attempting to. Who in their right mind is going to go a FFL to get charged up the a$$ when the FFL wants to sell his products. More people will hang on to the firearms they own, IMO. I also believe there will be a increase in cap and ball revolvers, and conversion kits which so far are outside the scope of the radar. I expect more people to actually make their own firearms from castings. These are not followed and not serial numbered to be tracked, and are legal. But I foresee some garage machine shops popping up to make these for cash. There is no way without a paper trail for the feds to know who actually did the finishing on the firearms.

    Yes it is one of the biggest reasons I no longer have a permit. All states report permit holders to the FBI.

    Step 2 is changing the SCOTUS. We all must pray for the health of the conservative justices.
    He'll do it a piece at a time. 80% of the people will abide by the law.

    Watch and see if CHP holders aren't exempted.

    When I had my CHP, in many localities, you were required to list all the firearms you owned. That will happen again and, Chippers will happily go along with it.

    It isn't an overnight plan. It is a long term, well planned, shot in the heart.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-16-2013 at 01:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    You want to buy a 30rd magazine for your AR15? Well, according the the recent study by the government funded CDC research study, that classifies you as mentally unstable so you are now disqualified from owning any firearms. A federal officer will be here shortly to detain you and remove you of all of your firearms.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Chippers will happily go along with it.
    you think that, do ya?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970
    I saw that Obama is calling for a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Is he referring to handgun magazines or just rifle magazines?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    I saw that Obama is calling for a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Is he referring to handgun magazines or just rifle magazines?
    Yes.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    I saw that Obama is calling for a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Is he referring to handgun magazines or just rifle magazines?
    Playboys with more than ten derrieres or bosoms.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    I saw that Obama is calling for a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Is he referring to handgun magazines or just rifle magazines?
    all magazines

  13. #13
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    One piece at a time....Baby Steps...We can buy more mags....Who needs guns bigger than .22? Why do you need more than 1 shell to kill and animal?

    Errosion sucks...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEEPER View Post
    you think that, do ya?
    I know that!

    We have people here that are afraid to drive past a school without a CHP.
    Some that are afraid to OC without a CHP.

    Go on Va Gun Trader. Lots of people now who won't sell FTF without a CHP and a Drivers license.

    Darn right they'll go along with it when faced with a federal felony for transferring a gun without the check.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    My next letters to my elected servants will be to let them know that if they vote for this legislation, I will be one of many voting them out in the next election...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  16. #16
    Regular Member Esanders2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    576
    Seems like a lot of fluff to me. What's the real agenda?
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    Fight this one, fellas. Beyond its gun implications, I mean.

    Basically, mental health parity is code for forcing health insurance companies to cover treatment for mental problems on a level with health problems.

    The psychs love it because it suddenly opens doors to vast amounts of money. The drug companies love it because psychs prescribe lots and lots of mental drugs.

    And, it does tie into guns. A quick search will show most of the mass shooters over the last couple decades were taking mental drugs--the main point being the drugs didn't work. Consensus is building in the medical world that mental drugs actually cause/trigger violence. So, if we suddenly get floods more psych drugs into society we can expect an increase in violence. And, of course, more calls for more gun restrictions.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,271
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    He'll do it a piece at a time. 80% of the people will abide by the law.

    Watch and see if CHP holders aren't exempted.

    When I had my CHP, in many localities, you were required to list all the firearms you owned. That will happen again and, Chippers will happily go along with it.

    It isn't an overnight plan. It is a long term, well planned, shot in the heart.
    That is why he wants to use the health care industry. He fully expects doctors to turn everyone in that admits to being a gun owner. There is no reason for a doctor to ask such questions for general health.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  19. #19
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    I guess we lie to, or ignore the doctor's question..Not in the treatment plan...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    Seems like a lot of fluff to me. What's the real agenda?
    As always: to expand government power.

    He'll make allies with the mental health stuff.

    And, he'll pick up political capital with the masses whose knee-jerk reaction was to "do something!" about mass murders.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran roscoe13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Catlett, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    All states report permit holders to the FBI.
    Cite?

    Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

  22. #22
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    There was a lot in these and his speech that was written in between the lines.

    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

    Does this mean that every traffic stop (or any other kind of police stop), during which an officer may discover that there is a gun in your possession, and which the officer may seize for his/her "safety" would mean you must submit to a background check before your gun is returned?

    Background checks can take hours as it is now. This would mean they can disarm you for at least hours, if not days at a time for no legal reason whatsoever.

    TFred

  23. #23
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    As always: to expand government power.

    He'll make allies with the mental health stuff.

    And, he'll pick up political capital with the masses whose knee-jerk reaction was to "do something!" about mass murders.
    And he'll take much of the focus off of higher taxes, health care and our economy crashing around us.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Esanders2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    As always: to expand government power.

    He'll make allies with the mental health stuff.

    And, he'll pick up political capital with the masses whose knee-jerk reaction was to "do something!" about mass murders.
    But this is better than we expected, right? He didn't just come out and say "ban this ban that."
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

  25. #25
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    But this is better than we expected, right? He didn't just come out and say "ban this ban that."
    He's asking for the bans Eddy.
    They may pass Congress and they may not. My guess is, something will pass.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •