• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's 23 EO's

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There was a lot in these and his speech that was written in between the lines.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health

WalkingWolf

There was a lot in these and his speech that was written in between the lines.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health

Most of it is bovine scatology~~but lookout, the feds will probably start looking for GFSZA violations. If they do who is going to enforce it, where will the money come from to put feds patrolling the schools? Looking for LAC instead of protecting children.

As far as mental health, the mentally ill commit very few crimes and slim homicides. The damage of fear of seeking help because of being labeled are far more dangerous than pushing health providers into becoming cops.

Personally I believe he should look seriously into why more mass murders are committed in Gun Free Zones. Why there is such a racial divide in the homicide rate between the races. As much as some will whine the stats and facts show that most shootings are either black on black. "Assault Guns" are used rarely in crimes. Fully auto weapons have not been used in a crime in decades. Why people who are barred from possessing a firearm easily get a firearm and possess them in spite of laws.

He should understand that he is limiting the ability of abused spouses to get a weapon and have the ability to protect them from harm. Many of these are poor, and minorities who are his constituents. That the rise in prices of ammo, and guns actually punish the poor.

The longer Obama is in office the more he shows himself to be a arrogant bumbling buffoon.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Most of it is bovine scatology~~but lookout, the feds will probably start looking for GFSZA violations. If they do who is going to enforce it, where will the money come from to put feds patrolling the schools? Looking for LAC instead of protecting children.

As far as mental health, the mentally ill commit very few crimes and slim homicides. The damage of fear of seeking help because of being labeled are far more dangerous than pushing health providers into becoming cops.

Personally I believe he should look seriously into why more mass murders are committed in Gun Free Zones. Why there is such a racial divide in the homicide rate between the races. As much as some will whine the stats and facts show that most shootings are either black on black. "Assault Guns" are used rarely in crimes. Fully auto weapons have not been used in a crime in decades. Why people who are barred from possessing a firearm easily get a firearm and possess them in spite of laws.

He should understand that he is limiting the ability of abused spouses to get a weapon and have the ability to protect them from harm. Many of these are poor, and minorities who are his constituents. That the rise in prices of ammo, and guns actually punish the poor.

The longer Obama is in office the more he shows himself to be a arrogant bumbling buffoon.

Biden is a bumbling ass but Obama is an evil genius.
His goal is registration and he wants to do it with background checks for ALL purchases. This is only step one.

Glad I don't have any guns or a CHP!:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Loads of common sense though.
icon14.png

WalkingWolf

Biden is a bumbling ass but Obama is an evil genius.
His goal is registration and he wants to do it with background checks for ALL purchases. This is only step one.

The question begs~How will they enforce it? Are they going to search homes to see who no longer is in possession of a firearm? Private sales will continue as they always have, they will just be illegal now. How is doing is making criminals of honest people, or attempting to. Who in their right mind is going to go a FFL to get charged up the a$$ when the FFL wants to sell his products. More people will hang on to the firearms they own, IMO. I also believe there will be a increase in cap and ball revolvers, and conversion kits which so far are outside the scope of the radar. I expect more people to actually make their own firearms from castings. These are not followed and not serial numbered to be tracked, and are legal. But I foresee some garage machine shops popping up to make these for cash. There is no way without a paper trail for the feds to know who actually did the finishing on the firearms.

Yes it is one of the biggest reasons I no longer have a permit. All states report permit holders to the FBI.

Step 2 is changing the SCOTUS. We all must pray for the health of the conservative justices.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The question begs~How will they enforce it? Are they going to search homes to see who no longer is in possession of a firearm? Private sales will continue as they always have, they will just be illegal now. How is doing is making criminals of honest people, or attempting to. Who in their right mind is going to go a FFL to get charged up the a$$ when the FFL wants to sell his products. More people will hang on to the firearms they own, IMO. I also believe there will be a increase in cap and ball revolvers, and conversion kits which so far are outside the scope of the radar. I expect more people to actually make their own firearms from castings. These are not followed and not serial numbered to be tracked, and are legal. But I foresee some garage machine shops popping up to make these for cash. There is no way without a paper trail for the feds to know who actually did the finishing on the firearms.

Yes it is one of the biggest reasons I no longer have a permit. All states report permit holders to the FBI.

Step 2 is changing the SCOTUS. We all must pray for the health of the conservative justices.

He'll do it a piece at a time. 80% of the people will abide by the law.

Watch and see if CHP holders aren't exempted.

When I had my CHP, in many localities, you were required to list all the firearms you owned. That will happen again and, Chippers will happily go along with it.

It isn't an overnight plan. It is a long term, well planned, shot in the heart.

Last edited:

DJEEPER

You want to buy a 30rd magazine for your AR15? Well, according the the recent study by the government funded CDC research study, that classifies you as mentally unstable so you are now disqualified from owning any firearms. A federal officer will be here shortly to detain you and remove you of all of your firearms.

hunter45

I saw that Obama is calling for a ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Is he referring to handgun magazines or just rifle magazines?

Red Dawg

One piece at a time....Baby Steps...We can buy more mags....Who needs guns bigger than .22? Why do you need more than 1 shell to kill and animal? :cuss::cuss::cuss::mad::banghead:

Errosion sucks...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
you think that, do ya?

I know that!

We have people here that are afraid to drive past a school without a CHP.
Some that are afraid to OC without a CHP.

Go on Va Gun Trader. Lots of people now who won't sell FTF without a CHP and a Drivers license.

Darn right they'll go along with it when faced with a federal felony for transferring a gun without the check.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Fight this one, fellas. Beyond its gun implications, I mean.

Basically, mental health parity is code for forcing health insurance companies to cover treatment for mental problems on a level with health problems.

The psychs love it because it suddenly opens doors to vast amounts of money. The drug companies love it because psychs prescribe lots and lots of mental drugs.

And, it does tie into guns. A quick search will show most of the mass shooters over the last couple decades were taking mental drugs--the main point being the drugs didn't work. Consensus is building in the medical world that mental drugs actually cause/trigger violence. So, if we suddenly get floods more psych drugs into society we can expect an increase in violence. And, of course, more calls for more gun restrictions.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

He'll do it a piece at a time. 80% of the people will abide by the law.

Watch and see if CHP holders aren't exempted.

When I had my CHP, in many localities, you were required to list all the firearms you owned. That will happen again and, Chippers will happily go along with it.

It isn't an overnight plan. It is a long term, well planned, shot in the heart.
That is why he wants to use the health care industry. He fully expects doctors to turn everyone in that admits to being a gun owner. There is no reason for a doctor to ask such questions for general health.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Seems like a lot of fluff to me. What's the real agenda?

As always: to expand government power.

He'll make allies with the mental health stuff.

And, he'll pick up political capital with the masses whose knee-jerk reaction was to "do something!" about mass murders.