• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List of Obama's new executive orders...

skeith5

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Last edited:

carracer

Rule #5. So when "disarmed for officer safety" occurs during a traffic stop they will run a background check before returning the firearm. Of course, with all the increased volume it will take about 90 days plus the cost to you for the check.

skeith5

Good catch, I didn't think about it. I hope there is a good definition of seized in the actual order. I'd be pretty pissed if they took my firearm for officer safety and then said they would have to run a full background check for me to get it back. I'm sure that disarmament wouldn't qualify as being seized.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

moriar

I have serious reservations about #5 and 16.

5 is pretty self explanatory...cop detains you, your gun is going to be seized

16 is extremely vague, what allows the health care provider to ask that? what are the guide lines for asking this question? is it like a female going to the doctors and the first question asked to them is "Do you have a gun" instead of "Are you pregnant"?

kurt555gs

My thoughts

I just read President Obama's proposed firearm regulations. I think I am going to rent Schindler's List for my movie tonight.

We-the-People

#5 Many agencies already do this and don't need federal permission to do so.
#12 Does this mean that teachers will be trainied in how to employ their personal sidearms?
#13 DUH....guess we can't say they haven't been listening to us .They put this in just to sound reasonable.
#14 This has been done. Finding: Gun control legislation has had not impact on gun violence.
#16 Ain't answering if they ask. Pound sand.
#19 Hmmmm why are churches the only non GFZ on the list?

Basically a BS list produced for PR purposes only so that the annointed one can say "I did something".

quarter horseman

4,5 and 16

For me its 4,5 and 16

Do we, or will we fit in the categories of indaviduals? Will we be the dangerous ones they dont want to slip thur the cracks?

From the dictionary ( category ) a class or group of things, people, etc.,
possessing some quality or qualities in common.

We-the-People

For me its 4,5 and 16

Do we, or will we fit in the categories of indaviduals? Will we be the dangerous ones they dont want to slip thur the cracks?

From the dictionary ( category ) a class or group of things, people, etc.,
possessing some quality or qualities in common.

Does it matter? My firearms officer? Hmmmm, you're welcome to look but I don't think you'll find any firearms HERE. GRIN

The Big Guy

Write You rep and senators.

We need a campaign of emails to all our Reps and our Senators across this nation. List Obama's speech on firearms as the subject.
In the message area simply write, "From my cold, dead, hands." Nothing more.

I did.

TBG

shastadude17

Sounds like a giant PR stunt so he can say he did something to stop the next shooting, then when it happens they're going to say "It didn't work. We need to ban them."

Not only that, but several things on this list are just stupid...Why does my doctor need to know if I have firearms? It's none of his damn business. Also, a full background check when detained for officer safety... most cops do that anyway unless they are lazy. It takes 10 seconds to call in a serial number and someone's drivers license number via radio, and it's even quicker to do it yourself on your MDT in your car.

The CDC doing studies? They have done that, and it's shown that gun control does not reduce crime but rather increases it.

Every single thing on this list was pants on head retarded. Everything.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

I've always wondered why they don't care about other kinds of violence and crime, but are so focused on gun crime.

I am willing to bet that if the CDC's research indicates that More Guns = Less Crime, that the research will be suppressed.

nobama

I've always wondered why they don't care about other kinds of violence and crime, but are so focused on gun crime.

I am willing to bet that if the CDC's research indicates that More Guns = Less Crime, that the research will be suppressed.

With all do respect, why do you think they care more about the guns? Hitler did the same damn thing. The anti gun people in Washington arent anti gun,they are anti freedom,make no mistake, these POS want nothing less than total control. Like the other OP said, "from my cold,dead hands"

eye95

Not defending Hitler or any of the evil that he perpetrated, but Hitler did not institute gun control in Germany. The preceding regime did. The Nazis actually relaxed gun control, just not for certain groups, like the Jews.

The lesson of Germany is not that despots will implement gun control. It is that gun control precedes fascist takeovers. You think Obama is bad? Wait till we have been stripped of our arms. Then see what we get.

reconnoiter

We need a campaign of emails to all our Reps and our Senators across this nation. List Obama's speech on firearms as the subject.
In the message area simply write, "From my cold, dead, hands." Nothing more.

I did.

TBG

I was wondering if I should write a long essay or something brief. You just made up my mind. Classic quote, short and to the point!