Thread: Oregon, Texas officials warn White House against enforcing new gun regulations

White Oak Plantation

Oregon, Texas officials warn White House against enforcing new gun regulations

FUQ - For our fussbudgety members.
    But in Oregon, Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller wrote a letter to Biden Monday saying his department will not enforce any new gun laws it considers unconstitutional.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

White City, Oregon, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    FUQ - For our fussbudgety members.Hmmm......convergance......hmmm.
    On the radio here (Southern Oregon) they stated thatwe now have TWO Oregon sheriffs that have made the "not in my county" statement. Unfortunately, they didn't state what county was the second one. First one is Lynn county.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

, ,
    It's apparently not up to courts or judges to determine which laws are consistent with Americans' constitutional rights; it's instead up to a local sheriff. And if the local sheriff decides the law doesn't meet the standards of his constitutional analysis, he just won't enforce it.

Ohio, USA
    I am glad it is being said but all members of congress should be coming out in force would really put the heat on obama.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-16-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,