Thread: A baaaad idea? Fort Bragg to stop using goats in medical training

A baaaad idea? Fort Bragg to stop using goats in medical training

FUQ - For our fussbudgety members.....nope, not this time. If you are incapable of deriving the gist of the article from the thread title.....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Founder's Club Member
    We can see what the article is about from the thread title; but, we can't see what it has to do with anything or why it should be of interest.

You reveal your antipathy to courtesy with your signature line. Its just a simple courtesy to include a Fair Use quote. Not including one is bad enough, but to remain opposed and fuss back when called on it is something entirely different. To make such an issue of it, you're basically telling everybody your maturity level. I would just man-up, recognize that including a Fair Use quote is a convention with a genuine reason behind it, and just do it. Its not that hard.

Nice pun, though. Gotta appreciate that.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    We can see what the article is about from the thread title; but, we can't see what it has to do with anything or why it should be of interest.

You reveal your antipathy to courtesy with your signature line. Its just a simple courtesy to include a Fair Use quote. Not including one is bad enough, but to remain opposed and fuss back when called on it is something entirely different. To make such an issue of it, you're basically telling everybody your maturity level. I would just man-up, recognize that including a Fair Use quote is a convention with a genuine reason behind it, and just do it. Its not that hard.

Nice pun, though. Gotta appreciate that.
    Noted.

The thread title should prompt a reader to "click the link" only to find that the article provides nothing more than the sum of the thread title, in this particular case. Did you read the linked article? Or, did you just post your displeasure re the absence of a FUQ and not read the linked article because the thread title is all ya need to know?

Carping about the absence of a FUQ could be construed as not being courteous to those who post threads absent a FUQ who may have no idea what part of a article should be FUQ'd.

There is no pass or fail grade.

P.S. My maturity level tends to mirror others, but I'm working on this.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    If it is in the link (I don't know; I didn't click the link), I would FUQ why they had been using goats and why they stopped.

Banned
    I would suggest using federal employees in lieu of goats ... democrats of course ... and to leave out the part about obtaining "medical" assistance...

A goat is a higher life form than a democrat...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    ...we can't see what it has to do with anything or why it should be of interest....
    This.

And in ADDITION to a FUQ, if you find it interesting enough to link it, you should be interested enough to be able to summarize why, and start the actual discussion of it. Because that is the purpose of a thread, the discussion. Or are you just expecting replies of: "Hey, you're right; that was interesting."

As for knowing nothing but the thread title, I'm not yet interested enough to read about it and have the discussion.

Besides, I already saw the documentary.

Last edited by MAC702; 01-16-2013 at 06:41 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

As a Greek, this makes me happy.

More food for family dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If it is in the link (I don't know; I didn't click the link), I would FUQ why they had been using goats1 and why they stopped2.
    1 Fort Bragg to stop using goats in medical training
    2 A baaaad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    FUQ - For our fussbudgety members.....nope, not this time. If you are incapable of deriving the gist of the article from the thread title.....
    Why can't they use members of Ceasefire and PETA instead of goats? Is it because goats are more human like?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    1 Fort Bragg to stop using goats in medical training
    2 A baaaad idea?
    As much as you might be portraying that you have answered the questions, you have not. You only repeated the non-information already posted. Had I not already had a lot of respect for you, I would now seriously be questioning your motives for acting in this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    As much as you might be portraying that you have answered the questions, you have not. You only repeated the non-information already posted. Had I not already had a lot of respect for you, I would now seriously be questioning your motives for acting in this way.

<o>
    You are correct, I have been a baaaad boy. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I found the article interesting not for the subject matter, but for the fact that the "federal government" will not listen to the people re our inalienable right to self-defense which is guaranteed under the 2A. But, the "feds" will listen to a bunch of animal rights whacos re goats and their use in training our medics to be ready to perform their duties on a battle field. Make no mistake, no "military" man worth his salt would give any animals rights whaco the time of day. Another indication of "liberal creep" into the federal bureaucracy.

The Fox story links to a local news story. the premise is askew in my view. Shoot a goat and if the medic trainee saves the animal's life he may very well save a soldiers life on the battle field.

A real goat rope, if you will, this has become.

Banned

I read the article. Your assessment is spot on. The animals are more important than the people.

<o>

description of thread: http://www.westernfreepress.com/wp-c...rain-wreck.jpg

sorry no fuq
    Last edited by CDT COX; 01-17-2013 at 10:16 PM.

You're right. FUQ this:
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I'm a glutton for punishment, so will try to pull this back on track -

Whyfor/howcome the Army is still using goats? Just because Major Fackler could not get anything else is no reason to continue using something that in almost no way is even close to representing a human body, and it a PITA to cut into and sew up again.

Medical schools have been using pigs for centuries for a reason, and it had nothing to do with protection from jihadi terrorists. Pigs are as close to the human body as you can get in the animal kingdom. And since the pigs are already dead, or soon will be, there's no need to fret over the relative intelligence of the two species.

And if you don't screw it up too badly, you can get bacon after you are through doing the other stuff! (Just try getting bacon from a goat.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'm a glutton for punishment, so will try to pull this back on track -

Whyfor/howcome the Army is still using goats? Just because Major Fackler could not get anything else is no reason to continue using something that in almost no way is even close to representing a human body, and it a PITA to cut into and sew up again.

Medical schools have been using pigs for centuries for a reason, and it had nothing to do with protection from jihadi terrorists. Pigs are as close to the human body as you can get in the animal kingdom. And since the pigs are already dead, or soon will be, there's no need to fret over the relative intelligence of the two species.

And if you don't screw it up too badly, you can get bacon after you are through doing the other stuff! (Just try getting bacon from a goat.)

stay safe.
    http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/...s_answers.html
    http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/a...rmany-1.105621

I will summarize the second link. Animals are used because, a live body is something that will cause a stress on the mental system of the medic/combat lifesaver so they are more prepared for the stress of another soldier being wounded.

That and "liberals" are too expensive to use for these types of testing.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)