• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bills in Assembly Committee on Thursday?

Numenor

I've never actually gone to any meeting like this, I believe peter nap was talking about them but can't find the post, and had a couple questions:

-- Are we still allowed to carry into these meetings?
-- Where do we go for them?
-- What is the procedure when you arrive?
-- Anyone going that would be willing to meet up early to show me the ropes?

I believe iirc the meeting is at 5pm tomorrow.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've never actually gone to any meeting like this, I believe peter nap was talking about them but can't find the post, and had a couple questions:

-- Are we still allowed to carry into these meetings?
-- Where do we go for them?
-- What is the procedure when you arrive?
-- Anyone going that would be willing to meet up early to show me the ropes?

I believe iirc the meeting is at 5pm tomorrow.

If you have a CHP:cuss: You can carry:p

The meetings will be in the west wing of the General Assembly Building on the 4th floor.
I'll be there early setting up the cameras and audio gear.

Numenor

If you have a CHP:cuss: You can carry:p

The meetings will be in the west wing of the General Assembly Building on the 4th floor.
I'll be there early setting up the cameras and audio gear.

Thanks, I'll be there... carrying. :banana::p

Bowesmobile

With the snow coming in are they cancelling this session or will it continue? I wanted to be there tonight but I think I'll be heading home instead of trying to drive in bad weather in this area.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
With the snow coming in are they cancelling this session or will it continue? I wanted to be there tonight but I think I'll be heading home instead of trying to drive in bad weather in this area.

It's still on Bowes. because of the time it's supposed to get here, we should be OK.
I don't know about the drive back though. I'm in the burbs this week but you may have some slick travel going home.

Bowesmobile

It's still on Bowes. because of the time it's supposed to get here, we should be OK.
I don't know about the drive back though. I'm in the burbs this week but you may have some slick travel going home.

Well everything has just changed! Someone found my dog that had been missing since Sunday! So I'm heading to Amelia to get him and bring him home!

VApatriot

I just read PVC's update about yesterday's proceedings. Thanks to all those who were able to show up and help see that these anti-freedom bills were crushed! I wish that I could have been there too, but I'm looking forward to Monday.

USNA69

Could be a premature observation, but it is looking like BHO's proposals have wakened a dozing tiger across the country.
They have motivated and mobilized the pro-2A community to action. I love it.

I think that BHO expected "some" blowback, but not to the extent, which we are witnessing.

That being said, I still think that he is purposely pushing, pulling, and stretching the fabric of American society and its values in hopes that it will tear and result in civil unrest. He would then declare that to be a national crisis requiring extraordinary measures and "special powers" to quell.

Bottom Line: Be pro-active. Be forceful. Be lawful. Be peaceful. Do not give him what he wants.

Last edited: