Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 168

Thread: Need your support, February 5, Oak Harbor, 6PM

  1. #101
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    I say 3 for 3.
    The ham sammich thing, although funny, didn't help.

    I'm getting a lot of buffering now, I bet their server is getting hammered!

  2. #102
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    The ham sammich thing, although funny, didn't help.

    I'm getting a lot of buffering now, I bet their server is getting hammered!
    Agree all around.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  3. #103
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    483
    Almberg trying to shift the topic.

  4. #104
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,510
    While it appears many did not get to speak, I feel many of the issues were covered effectively.

    Now lets see if they revise the offending ordinances.... Holding Breath!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  5. #105
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    While it appears many did not get to speak, I feel many of the issues were covered effectively.

    Now lets see if they revise the offending ordinances.... Holding Breath!
    There is still a public comment time for when the ordinance comes up.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  6. #106
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    323
    You all who attended, thank you. For those who had a chance to speak, you represented us well. IOU 1 adult beverage.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

  7. #107
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    141
    Thank you all very much for your help with this whole thing.

  8. #108
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,308
    You all put on a fine presentation. Thank you for your efforts - you represent your city, state and, yes, your nation well.

    Great group of dedicated people - my hat's off to you.

    Best laugh of the night was one council member asking that two others resign - that made my evening.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  9. #109
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Council Member Bob Severns introduced a motion, regarding the ordinance. Emergency ordinance modification to come into compliance to take effect immediately. The proposal is an Emergency ordinance to take effect ASAP.

    Legal Council is advising the proposal.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  10. #110
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,510
    Oak Harbor now in compliance with State Law effective immediately.

    Amazing what citizen participation and a threat legal action from SAF will do!
    Last edited by BigDave; 02-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  11. #111
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Unanimously, Passed.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  12. #112
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    483
    Great job to the guest speakers, and congratulations citizens of Oak Harbor!

  13. #113
    Regular Member wolf-father's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    141
    Wow they wasted not time getting out of there.

  14. #114
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,851

    Need your support, February 5, Oak Harbor, 6PM

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf-father View Post
    Wow they wasted not time getting out of there.
    Well yeah, with all of those scary armed citizens they probably left wet spots on their seats lol.

    So who was everyone there? SVG, deros, gogo & sleith I knew, where were the rest of y'all?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  15. #115
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    368

    Re: Need your support, February 5, Oak Harbor, 6PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Well yeah, with all of those scary armed citizens they probably left wet spots on their seats lol.

    So who was everyone there? SVG, deros, gogo & sleith I knew, where were the rest of y'all?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Skeith! I was there...
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  16. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    whidbey
    Posts
    27
    Tonight was amazing! I was the first speaker for public comment. I must tell you I only delivered a message. The words were not mine. They were prepared by navylcdr? or john as i know him because he was going to be absent. What a great feeling! Thank you all who showed and those who watched on who were unable to attend.
    Last edited by outlaw7; 02-05-2013 at 10:30 PM.

  17. #117
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    Tonight was amazing! I was the first speaker for public comment. I must tell you I only delivered a message. The words were not mine. They were prepared by lcmdr? or john as i know him because he was going to be absent. What a great feeling! Thank you all who showed and those who watched on who were unable to attend.
    You delivered it very well. Thank you.

  18. #118
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    You delivered it very well. Thank you.
    ^^^^^^^^
    What E said.

    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Skeith! I was there...

    er, yeah that's what I meant. iPhone doesn't like screen names
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

  19. #119
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,118
    Unable to attend do to distance only about 800 miles. Link to proceedings or you tube? anyone!

    Good on ya'll!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 02-05-2013 at 10:33 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  20. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    whidbey
    Posts
    27
    Thank you. I must have rehearsed it 20 times, but once i got behind the mic my nerves got to me. Felt like i rushed too much.

  21. #121
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    368

    Re: Need your support, February 5, Oak Harbor, 6PM

    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
    Thank you. I must have rehearsed it 20 times, but once i got behind the mic my nerves got to me. Felt like i rushed too much.
    You did great! Definitely a good example of how to conduct oneself at the podium.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  22. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    whidbey
    Posts
    27
    Thanks Scott. It was good meeting and shootin the bull with you and your pops. Hope to see you guys again in the near future.

  23. #123
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Good job outlaw, you started it out right. Great message.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  24. #124
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Unable to attend do to distance only about 800 miles. Link to proceedings or you tube? anyone!

    Good on ya'll!
    Here is the full video: http://www.oakharbor.org/video-view.cfm?series=34
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  25. #125
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    483

    Re: Need your support, February 5, Oak Harbor, 6PM

    That was fast!

    Sent by Droid

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •