Thread: Obama turns doctors into gun control snitches running health care spy network

Obama turns doctors into gun control snitches running health care spy network

The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way.

Nothing there that says they have to report it either. I can't speak for doctors in the big cities, but in my neck of the woods, most of the doctors own more guns than I do.

The only time my Dr. mentioned guns is when we played a round of you show me yours and I'll show you mine. Mine was bigger. G23 vs Diamondback 9mm.

Your doctor needs to know why you are in his office, not what you own in your home! Unless there is a genuine comradery and even friendship with your doctor, I would be very hesitant to relinquish any information that wasn't pertinent to the visit at hand. I'm hoping most of us understand that and will not answer any stupid questions about guns in our homes.

Imagine your kid going to the doctor and asking your kid all sorts of questions about you and your guns. Ugh.

Obama turns doctors into gun control snitches running health care spy network

My wife got the "talk" last night about this. She knows what to say should this ever get brought up at her doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Archerman99
    I'm hoping most of us understand that and will not answer any stupid questions about guns in our homes.
    I see three ways out:
    1) keep quiet, don't answer, make them try to explain how that question is related to your health care (the reason you're there that day)

2) pull out the "yes, I'm qualified to teach firearm safety and household risk management, and yes, my insurance company covers the liability associated with that" form & hand it to them to fill in & sign

3) kill them with kindness
    "Yes, of course I have firearms. I also teach firearm safety. Would you like to set up a class for your staff, or did you have a safety question you'd like me to answer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

This is what all totalitarian regimes do. There is always an alliance between psychiatry and the state to marginalize libertarians, gunowners, etc. Basically anyone the ruling class happens to dislike. This is why the fascist state of New Jersey is introducing legislation requiring a shrink to sign off on you buying a gun. This is all very transparent.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Not required to ask - not required to answer

"...The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way...."

This appears to mean nothing more than saying that Federal law does not PROHIBIT a physician from asking the question.

I have seen nothing REQUIRING them to ask the question.

I have seen nothing REQUIRING a patient to answer (truthfully or otherwise).

AFAIC, much ado about nothing. Once they make it a Federal offense to withhold such information from my physician, then I'll be concerned. Not until. We have much bigger things to be worried about right now...

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I see three ways out:
    1) keep quiet, don't answer, make them try to explain how that question is related to your health care (the reason you're there that day)

2) pull out the "yes, I'm qualified to teach firearm safety and household risk management, and yes, my insurance company covers the liability associated with that" form & hand it to them to fill in & sign

3) kill them with kindness
    "Yes, of course I have firearms. I also teach firearm safety. Would you like to set up a class for your staff, or did you have a safety question you'd like me to answer?"

NEGATIVE ON ALL 3

Anything other than a simple straight forward "NO" will go into the data base as a big fat "YES".

I saw this coming 20 years ago and I haven't told the truth about anything not directly to the immediate reason I was there since. Doesn't matter if it looks harmless at the time. If you look at my medical records I have never used tobacco, do not drink, have never engaged in promiscuous sex, always wear my seat-belt, never speed.. (yes a couple doctors ago had all those questions on the first visit form) hell I'm damned near a monk, just ask my doctor

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    NEGATIVE ON ALL 3

Anything other than a simple straight forward "NO" will go into the data base as a big fat "YES".

I saw this coming 20 years ago and I haven't told the truth about anything not directly to the immediate reason I was there since. Doesn't matter if it looks harmless at the time. If you look at my medical records I have never used tobacco, do not drink, have never engaged in promiscuous sex, always wear my seat-belt, never speed.. (yes a couple doctors ago had all those questions on the first visit form) hell I'm damned near a monk, just ask my doctor
    You forgot to include that you NEVER swear! LOL
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"