Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this isnt about Gun rights, its about our freedom...

this isnt about Gun rights, its about our freedom...

It's time we stand with our brother's and sisters united against these crazy anti gun anti freedom people...so everyone please attend any rally or get togethers that you all can .

Jan 19, at the state capitals. Be there with your signs.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Re: this isnt about Gun rights, its about our freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Jan 19, at the state capitals. Be there with your signs.
    Why January 19th? Our state legislature is not in session, and even if it were, lawmakers wouldn't be there on a Saturday. Follow GRNC's lead & wait until they are in session in February, then organize the rally on a WEEKDAY.

GRNC will be announcing their rally/protest date soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

i agree

We need to wait and do this together

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Why January 19th? Our state legislature is not in session, and even if it were, lawmakers wouldn't be there on a Saturday. Follow GRNC's lead & wait until they are in session in February, then organize the rally on a WEEKDAY.

GRNC will be announcing their rally/protest date soon.

19th has already circulated as Gun Appreciation Day meaning the public will be looking for us on the 19th. If we don't show it could send a message of apathy.

Didn't the GRNC make an ass of himself on here? Correct me if I'm wrong. They plan the 23rd at noon

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb197901 View Post
    We need to wait and do this together
    No rule says you can't go twice

I see lots of people making asses of themselves on here, but I missed where the leadership of GRNC did that. At any rate, I would think that working together right now would be more important than any minor issues (in comparison) that one might have with them.

GRNC did have an event scheduled for the 23rd, however it has been postponed. New date TBD (February). They figure (& I agree) that it would be better to do this on a day when lawmakers and their staff are *in town* rather than when they've recessed & are at home.

Carry on!

ruger, et al., to point you in the proper direction regarding GRNC you might read to gold carry state thread started nov 2 by statetrooper...

you are correct everyone needs to be on the same sheet of music but as you commented GRNC scheduled and then postponed which sounds like Paul & company are a half beat off...

enjoy your reading

wabbit

ps: of course this site doesnt pertain to GRNC's leadership since it is only the sane and sober NC CC people who Paul caters to...

pps: enjoy the class 3 laws GRNC pushed last year
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 01-18-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

I don't understand why not show up for the 19th because they are not in session? This is a nationwide show of unity, that CANNOT WAIT. There is no reason to not be there on both dates. We could learn a lesson from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here, not that I condone those two, but if this was one of their issues they would be at it every weekend.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    ruger, et al., to point you in the proper direction regarding GRNC you might read to gold carry state thread started nov 2 by statetrooper...

you are correct everyone needs to be on the same sheet of music but as you commented GRNC scheduled and then postponed which sounds like Paul & company are a half beat off...

enjoy your reading

wabbit

ps: of course this site doesnt pertain to GRNC's leadership since it is only the sane and sober NC CC people who Paul caters to...

pps: enjoy the class 3 laws GRNC pushed last year
    Links help.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ry-State/page5

Reading it now.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I don't understand why not show up for the 19th because they are not in session? This is a nationwide show of unity, that CANNOT WAIT. There is no reason to not be there on both dates. We could learn a lesson from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson here, not that I condone those two, but if this was one of their issues they would be at it every weekend.
    Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today. The target audience isn't there today. They've gone home. Come back on February 5th at 12:00.

I read through the referenced thread in which you & Wabbit excoriated Paul Valone. I was thoroughly disgusted by your & Wabbit's conduct & embarrassed for the OCDO community at large.

Right now there are political forces that would love nothing more than to seriously infringe on our 2A rights at a very basic level, and some folks here don't want to stand with GRNC because you don't think GRNC has done enough specifically for OC! That is beyond ridiculous! If our state officials who are ani-2A were to feel emboldened by recent bills passed in other states & try something similar here then we would ALL be affected. This is why we need to put our differences aside & stand together. Mag cap bans affect all gun owners. Registration bills affect all gun owners.

Reading the above referenced thread I only saw 2 users making asses of themselves, and Paul Valone wasn't one of them.

Apparently in order to weigh in on the subject there are some who believe you have to lay your cards out, so here you go: I have a CHP, and I CC most of the time M-F (can't OC at work) and at church (can't OC at church). I sometimes OC at other times, but as you can tell it is nowhere near the majority of the time that I'm carrying. I am not a CC instructor, nor do I have any financial interest in the perpetuation of the CHP. If this makes me one of "them" in this absolutely STUPID "us vs them" mentality that some here have regarding OC vs CC then so be it. I'm beyond sick of seeing the vocal minority of OCDO that espouses the idea that if you hold a CHP or if you don't OC 100% of the time that you carry then you aren't really one of "us".

Last edited by Ruger; 01-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    Carry on!

SNIP

Reading the above referenced thread I only saw 2 users making asses of themselves, and Paul Valone wasn't one of them.
    Agreed.

Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today. The target audience isn't there today. They've gone home. Come back on February 5th at 12:00.

I read through the referenced thread in which you & Wabbit excoriated Paul Valone. I was thoroughly disgusted by your & Wabbit's conduct & embarrassed for the OCDO community at large.

Right now there are political forces that would love nothing more than to seriously infringe on our 2A rights at a very basic level, and some folks here don't want to stand with GRNC because you don't think GRNC has done enough specifically for OC! That is beyond ridiculous! If our state officials who are ani-2A were to feel emboldened by recent bills passed in other states & try something similar here then we would ALL be affected. This is why we need to put our differences aside & stand together. Mag cap bans affect all gun owners. Registration bills affect all gun owners.

Apparently in order to weigh in on the subject there are some who believe you have to lay your cards out, so here you go: I have a CHP, and I CC most of the time M-F (can't OC at work) and at church (can't OC at church). I sometimes OC at other times, but as you can tell it is nowhere near the majority of the time that I'm carrying. I am not a CC instructor, nor do I have any financial interest in the perpetuation of the CHP. If this makes me one of "them" in this absolutely STUPID "us vs them" mentality that some here have regarding OC vs CC then so be it. I'm beyond sick of seeing the vocal minority of OCDO that espouses the idea that if you hold a CHP or if you don't OC 100% of the time that you carry then you aren't really one of "us".

They are seeking the attention of everybody, the public, the people~~~Duhhhhhhhhh.

As for the bold that is your ASSumption. You should realize this is a Open Carry site, that promotes Open Carry, and Paul is hostile to Open Carry. If you agree with Paul then you obviously are on the wrong side. Take note that calling names and personal insults are against the rules on this site.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Funny how you didn't start quoting forum rules to CDT COX when he said that Valone made an ass of himself on here. It was his earlier statement that I was referencing with that sentence you are nitpicking over. Are the rules for everyone, or only those with whom you disagree?

Last edited by Ruger; 01-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Carry on!

Funny how you didn't start quoting forum rules to CDT COX when he said that Valone made an ass of himself on here. It was his earlier statement that I was referencing with that sentence you are nitpicking over. Are the rules for everyone, or only those with whom you disagree?

Because I addressed your post, and IMO I was the one being called a ass by YOU. If you have a problem with CDT YOU take it up with CDT. For the record I don't report, but I will point out stupidity, and blatantly breaking the rules is stupid. Also stupid is the CC stance that many members who fight Paul's battle for him. Again this is a open carry site, take notice of the name. Anybody taking a stance against open carry or supporting those who do are enemies.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Just because an OC'er also has a CHP & CC's sometimes doesn't mean that they are not a supporter of OC. I really don't see how you & others come to that conclusion.

Why is it always a SA/DA tag team? Do you guys coordinate your actions?

I may not post here very often, but I do read a lot & I've been around here for a while now. There was a lot less drama here before you & your partner Wabbit started stirring things up here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Carry on!

Just because an OC'er also has a CHP & CC's sometimes doesn't mean that they are not a supporter of OC. I really don't see how you & others come to that conclusion.

Why is it always a SA/DA tag team? Do you guys coordinate your actions?

I may not post here very often, but I do read a lot & I've been around here for a while now. There was a lot less drama here before you & your partner Wabbit started stirring things up here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If they openly attack OC you bet your ass they are anti OC. And neither wabbit or I put words in Paul's mouth. He posted his crapp all on his own, he is responsible for his drama.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

BTW,we went to the march today,great turn out,could have been better.I looked at some other pictures on the web and alot of other states had awsome turn outs. This was a national event, not just hear in NC. Im all for the other march in Feb. but its on a work day which I find hard to believe that there will be a huge turn out, I do hope so.This is not the time to sit this one out.

BTW,we went to the march today,great turn out,could have been better.I looked at some other pictures on the web and alot of other states had awsome turn outs. This was a national event, not just hear in NC. Im all for the other march in Feb. but its on a work day which I find hard to believe that there will be a huge turn out, I do hope so.This is not the time to sit this one out.
    I couldn't make it, was there any media there?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

sharky, thanks for linking that...for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to get it done...

ruger, sharky, et al., perhaps you can explaing why it is when someone challenges the GRNC dogma they get called names???

i'm sorry but when the president of the organization states they only are interested in the sane and sober cc nc gun owners it should bother you and all the other nc gun owners in this state...

wabbit

ps: i am all for everyone holding hands and singing the same stanza of the song but trust me it appears there is a huge disconnect when the gun organizaion in this state seems to be interested in only a select group to promote and it isn't those kind souls who OC and said so on this site as well as on GRNC's own website...
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 01-20-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    sharky, thanks for linking that...for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to get it done...

ruger, sharky, et al., perhaps you can explaing why it is when someone challenges the GRNC dogma they get called names???

i'm sorry but when the president of the organization states they only are interested in the sane and sober cc nc gun owners it should bother you and all the other nc gun owners in this state...

wabbit

ps: i am all for everyone holding hands and singing the same stanza of the song but trust me it appears there is a huge disconnect when the gun organizaion in this state seems to be interested in only a select group to promote and it isn't those kind souls who OC and said so on this site as well as on GRNC's own website...
    I think you fail to communicate clearly and comprehend well.
    From what I've seen of your posts you go off on tangents (one was directed at me and I still swear you were thinking I said what another poster did). You ask questions which seem designed to provoke rather than understand or clarify. When your questions are answered you ask another question in ways that can only illicit annoyance and fail to recognize what was said.

I guess I just don't like you. Sorry.

Walking Wolf has a habit of telling those he disagrees with to bugger off.

Paul could be the devil himself but your adversarial ways draw any negative attention to you so your point was lost.

None of this is say I'm perfect. I troll these boards too but almost always in jest.

I think you all were having a ******* contest and nobody won but Paul came of as the most articulate. I was kind of annoyed that he talked about selling to the public in a public forum. He could have a harder time selling now because of it.

And I did not read the full thread I linked to above for you. So it's possible I missed lots.

ETA: I was pissed when I read the safe, sane and sober remark but I quickly redirected my annoyance as I went through the thread. Paul could have definitely worded that better.

It's kind of like the council meeting video I watched where the mayor was saying great things about the CC'er who was "trained". He sounded great but I was wondering if he would have said the same things about a non permitted, non military, OC'er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnC...ature=youtu.be (already covered in other threads)
    Last edited by sharkey; 01-20-2013 at 01:00 AM.

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry for contributing to exactly the opposite of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

[snip]Walking Wolf has a habit of telling those he disagrees with to bugger off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnC...ature=youtu.be (already covered in other threads)
    That is just too bad, you will have to get over it. I didn't come her to join any popularity contests or to kiss anyone's arse. I give as good as I get.

If someone acts ill, or attacks OC then they need to grow a thicker skin. I treat people with respect who deserve to be treated with respect. Respect is earned, not a entitlement. If people can't grasp that then they can "bugger off".
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    That is just too bad, you will have to get over it. I didn't come her to join any popularity contests or to kiss anyone's arse. I give as good as I get.

If someone acts ill, or attacks OC then they need to grow a thicker skin. I treat people with respect who deserve to be treated with respect. Respect is earned, not a entitlement. If people can't grasp that then they can "bugger off".
    I'm just saying that walling yourself off in isolation helps no one. You might as well be saying "moving on".

On that same note (wabbit will start telling me what a horrible person I am for this) maybe your use of words like "bugger" and "arse" bring out the xenophobe in me.
    Last edited by sharkey; 01-20-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today.
    Sadly, based on a lot of the behavior and commentary I've seen here, I'm slowly becoming convinced that many of NC's OCers are all about drawing attention to themselves, creating conflict, raising eyebrows and making spectacles of themselves. All done under the guise of protecting their rights. Some probably do gun ownership more harm than good with their tactics. It's kind of a shame, really. Carrying a gun in public should be done without anyone as much as raising an eyebrow, not about "this old lady freaked out, " or "I schooled that idiot." It's shouldn't be about drawing attention to carrying but making it a normal, commonplace occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBobD View Post
    Sadly, based on a lot of the behavior and commentary I've seen here, I'm slowly becoming convinced that many of NC's OCers are all about drawing attention to themselves, creating conflict, raising eyebrows and making spectacles of themselves. All done under the guise of protecting their rights. Some probably do gun ownership more harm than good with their tactics. It's kind of a shame, really. Carrying a gun in public should be done without anyone as much as raising an eyebrow, not about "this old lady freaked out, " or "I schooled that idiot." It's shouldn't be about drawing attention to carrying but making it a normal, commonplace occurrence.
    If the above is in response to the event, it had nothing at all to do with that. It had to do with solidarity across the country not just North Carolina. Some people in all states use forums as a place to vent about incidents that happen, not just in North Carolina. But this is a open carry site, it IMO was set up to promote Open Carry and discuss issues surrounding it. Drawing attention to Open Carry is not a bad thing, as some people are so intent on making out. It will never be a commonplace occurrence, it never was, even before gun laws. MOST people are just not willing for whatever reason to carry. IMO I am not looking for "normal" or "commonplace" but accepted. Just as anybody else exercising a right should be accepted.

I don't want homosexuality to "commonplace" or "normal" but I do damn well expect their rights to be honored, and accepted. Same goes for freedom of speech. I accept speech I do not like, and damn well expect my speech to accepted even if it is in rebuttal to yours.

If any person gets so fidgety at the sight of reading people disagreeing, the internet is not for you.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast