• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this isnt about Gun rights, its about our freedom...

sharkey

BTW,we went to the march today,great turn out,could have been better.I looked at some other pictures on the web and alot of other states had awsome turn outs. This was a national event, not just hear in NC. Im all for the other march in Feb. but its on a work day which I find hard to believe that there will be a huge turn out, I do hope so.This is not the time to sit this one out.

I'm glad to hear that. Sorry for contributing to exactly the opposite of the OP.

WalkingWolf

[snip]Walking Wolf has a habit of telling those he disagrees with to bugger off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnCei4wzg&feature=youtu.be (already covered in other threads)

That is just too bad, you will have to get over it. I didn't come her to join any popularity contests or to kiss anyone's arse. I give as good as I get.

If someone acts ill, or attacks OC then they need to grow a thicker skin. I treat people with respect who deserve to be treated with respect. Respect is earned, not a entitlement. If people can't grasp that then they can "bugger off".

sharkey

That is just too bad, you will have to get over it. I didn't come her to join any popularity contests or to kiss anyone's arse. I give as good as I get.

If someone acts ill, or attacks OC then they need to grow a thicker skin. I treat people with respect who deserve to be treated with respect. Respect is earned, not a entitlement. If people can't grasp that then they can "bugger off".

I'm just saying that walling yourself off in isolation helps no one. You might as well be saying "moving on".

On that same note (wabbit will start telling me what a horrible person I am for this) maybe your use of words like "bugger" and "arse" bring out the xenophobe in me.

Last edited:

NCBobD

Whose attention are you seeking when you go to Raleigh? If you're merely hoping to catch a glimpse of yourself on News14 (if they bother to show up) then go ahead on the 19th. I still don't know who (if anyone at all) is organizing the event today.

Sadly, based on a lot of the behavior and commentary I've seen here, I'm slowly becoming convinced that many of NC's OCers are all about drawing attention to themselves, creating conflict, raising eyebrows and making spectacles of themselves. All done under the guise of protecting their rights. Some probably do gun ownership more harm than good with their tactics. It's kind of a shame, really. Carrying a gun in public should be done without anyone as much as raising an eyebrow, not about "this old lady freaked out, " or "I schooled that idiot." It's shouldn't be about drawing attention to carrying but making it a normal, commonplace occurrence.

WalkingWolf

Sadly, based on a lot of the behavior and commentary I've seen here, I'm slowly becoming convinced that many of NC's OCers are all about drawing attention to themselves, creating conflict, raising eyebrows and making spectacles of themselves. All done under the guise of protecting their rights. Some probably do gun ownership more harm than good with their tactics. It's kind of a shame, really. Carrying a gun in public should be done without anyone as much as raising an eyebrow, not about "this old lady freaked out, " or "I schooled that idiot." It's shouldn't be about drawing attention to carrying but making it a normal, commonplace occurrence.

If the above is in response to the event, it had nothing at all to do with that. It had to do with solidarity across the country not just North Carolina. Some people in all states use forums as a place to vent about incidents that happen, not just in North Carolina. But this is a open carry site, it IMO was set up to promote Open Carry and discuss issues surrounding it. Drawing attention to Open Carry is not a bad thing, as some people are so intent on making out. It will never be a commonplace occurrence, it never was, even before gun laws. MOST people are just not willing for whatever reason to carry. IMO I am not looking for "normal" or "commonplace" but accepted. Just as anybody else exercising a right should be accepted.

I don't want homosexuality to "commonplace" or "normal" but I do damn well expect their rights to be honored, and accepted. Same goes for freedom of speech. I accept speech I do not like, and damn well expect my speech to accepted even if it is in rebuttal to yours.

If any person gets so fidgety at the sight of reading people disagreeing, the internet is not for you.

ncwabbit

I think you fail to communicate clearly and comprehend well.
From what I've seen of your posts you go off on tangents (one was directed at me and I still swear you were thinking I said what another poster did). You ask questions which seem designed to provoke rather than understand or clarify. When your questions are answered you ask another question in ways that can only illicit annoyance and fail to recognize what was said.

it would seem then i am being successful if i provoke with the questions i present...wouldn't you say?

as for the annoyance, it is only because those who are asked the question(s) perhaps were not forthright in their responses...i remember presidents who have resigned and been impeached because of the question(s) asked...

it is not my fault there are those who are satisfied w/the status quo and refuse to even minimally engage in any type of critical think skills to what is going on around them.

I guess I just don't like you. Sorry. why should you be sorry? tis you who have suffered the loss...

Walking Wolf has a habit of telling those he disagrees with to bugger off. do you see a pattern here? in one post YOU have dismissed other individuals concepts and the only common denominator is YOU? perhaps you should provide the insight you are applying to others to yourself!!

Paul could be the devil himself but your adversarial ways draw any negative attention to you so your point was lost.

None of this is say I'm perfect. I troll these boards too but almost always in jest.

I think you all were having a ******* contest and nobody won but Paul came of as the most articulate. I was kind of annoyed that he talked about selling to the public in a public forum. He could have a harder time selling now because of it. wait...stop the presses perhaps my provoking served in a critical thinking moment for the bloke in AZ....

And I did not read the full thread I linked to above for you. So it's possible I missed lots. alas you did...did you notice the name calling and legal threats and oh did i mention the name calling...oh wait...haven't you have done that as well...lost civility and resorted to name calling??

so let me ask you a thought provoking question...if someone asks a provoking question that annoys...why on earth were legal threats, name calling hurled from those the question(s) were asked?

ETA: I was pissed when I read the safe, sane and sober remark another critical moment from the bloke in AZ as he just recognized the concept that organizationally, they do not represent the NC gun owners in totaliaity but rather only those sane, safe, and sober CC'ers... but I quickly redirected my annoyance as I went through the thread. Paul could have definitely worded that better. you think? and he is the president and leader of the group

It's kind of like the council meeting video I watched where the mayor was saying great things about the CC'er who was "trained". He sounded great but I was wondering if he would have said the same things about a non permitted, non military, OC'er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHnCei4wzg&feature=youtu.be (already covered in other threads)

so perhaps there is still hope for the bloke from AZ on the NC thread who now can see provoking questions can elicit insight...

wabbit

ps: shame you are so judgemental about who you like and dislike...

pps: and can you answer the thought provoking question of what the organization is doing for the nc gun owners...?

Last edited:

ncwabbit

Just because an OC'er also has a CHP & CC's sometimes doesn't mean that they are not a supporter of OC. I really don't see how you & others come to that conclusion. Why is it always a SA/DA tag team? Do you guys coordinate your actions? I may not post here very often, but I do read a lot & I've been around here for a while now. There was a lot less drama here before you & your partner Wabbit started stirring things up here. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

SA/DA? forgive me for being obtuse...HUH?

perhaps ruger, just perhaps you should actively engage into the conversations generated by those participating and if you are blindly content to have one group only actively support, with their narrow perspective to the NC GAssembly, ONLY one small segment of NC gun owners instead of the entire gun owning population of the state then i guess you deserve to enjoy the results. last year agenda pushed was the class 3 inititives pushed instead of eating establishments which serve and sell beverages.

wabbit

ps: collaborate...no...both having little tolerance for those who fail to objectively reason and apply critical thinking w/o the name calling emotionality...perhaps...

pps: and you have permission to speak for others?

Last edited:

CDT COX

Wasn't trying to stir up any trouble guys haha. Also I'm no longer a cadet training to be an officer. I work for a living now!

ryanb197901

open carry

Guys I have a Concield permit, but I know that open carry is just as important. Both ways are equally important.I also believe it takes more balls to open carry, because ur putting urself out in the open.We all need to stick together on these issue's.We are family and if we are going to over come we have to behave accordingly.So Concield carry guys when you are out and see someone open carring let them know they aren't alone. Also if ur out and see someone open carrying and see someone giving them a problem for Gods sake help take up for them.....

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
SA/DA? forgive me for being obtuse...HUH?

I'll humor you on this point. SA/DA: Smartass/Dumbass :p

Yes, it was off color. Yes, it was a tongue in cheek violation of the forum rules. I let my frustration get the best of me at the moment & thought I'd be cute with my hijacking of common gun terminology in the use of an insult. Also, I apologize to you and WalkingWolf. I was wrong & must ask you both to forgive me.

That being said, I'm really not interested in further debate on the issue at large. Paul tried to explain things to you & WalkingWolf, and I've tried to a lesser extent. I think all parties have brought up some good points, but I'm not abandoning my membership or participation with GRNC. Do I wish there were more overt support for OC? Yes. I still feel that in the current political climate that it is important to stand with them against the more generalized attacks on our 2A rights that are coming from the federal government and their lapdogs in the media. It's obvious that we are not going to come to a consensus. I have neither the time nor will to get into a 15 page debate on the finer points of supporting our state's 2A advocacy group despite their less than 100% enthusiastic support for OC. I hate to say it, but let's all take a page out of Eye95's playbook and "move on" (damn, never in a million years did I think I'd one day be quoting him, LOL).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

ncwabbit

ruger, thank you for your candor...it is appreciated...

and twas never my intent for ppl to abandon any organization, but rather my intent was an awareness of a lack of forthcoming on who is actually being represented by certain organizations within this state.

wabbit

WalkingWolf

and twas never my intent for ppl to abandon any organization, but rather my intent was an awareness of a lack of forthcoming on who is actually being represented by certain organizations within this state.

wabbit

I agree, ruger thank you for the apology. I am a 2A and open carry proponent purely. A privilege is not a right, it is a privilege. I prefer to keep my rights over getting privileges, and do not want my right infringed for a privilege. While I refuse to support a organization what others do is on their own.

rotorhead

wabbit

Speaking of organizations, my dear friend- how is yours coming along? Are we ready with the invites yet?

I'm ready! :)