Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558

    Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul plans to introduce legislation in Congress soon nullifying the executive orders on guns announced by President Barack Obama on Wednesday, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to The Daily Caller.

    The Republican legislator plans to reveal his plans for legislation during an appearance on Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News on Wednesday night, the source said.

    Obama on Wednesday announced during a White House ceremony that he plans to initiate 23 executive actions meant to curb gun violence in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre last year.

    The news was first reported during the Fox News show “The Five” on Wednesday by anchor Eric Bolling.

    “I’m told Sen. Rand Paul will introduce language within hours, within hours, to call for the nullification and prohibition of funding for the president’s executive actions announced today and possibly even using the federal courts to nullify and defund some of the things that he plans on doing,” Bolling said.

    The Capitol Hill source told TheDC that Paul’s legislation is expected to do three things: nullify Obama’s executive orders, defund them and ask the Senate to file a court challenge to them. (RELATED: Rep. Stockman promises to ‘lead the fight’ against executive orders


    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/so...rders-on-guns/
    Last edited by zack991; 01-16-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Posts
    340

    Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Woot woot!

  3. #3
    Regular Member motoxmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by MamabearCali View Post
    Woot woot!
    x2!!!

  4. #4
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Sadly, with all the libtards in the Senate this will go NOWHERE!

    I am proud to have Rand as my senator, but there is nobody else in the Senate that is willing to stand with him and push back against the traitors in the Federal Government.

    Senator Paul is the ONLY senator that will stand up for what is right and what is constitutional, and that is pathetically sad!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3

    Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Proud to be a Kentuckian!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  6. #6
    Regular Member pfries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    Proud to be a Kentuckian!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Althogh I am not in KY I subscribe to his news letter,
    heluva represantative for the people.

  7. #7
    Regular Member crazydude6030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, va
    Posts
    512

    Re: Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Sadly, with all the libtards in the Senate this will go NOWHERE!

    I am proud to have Rand as my senator, but there is nobody else in the Senate that is willing to stand with him and push back against the traitors in the Federal Government.

    Senator Paul is the ONLY senator that will stand up for what is right and what is constitutional, and that is pathetically sad!
    There are pro gun Libs. This might have a Chan e.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Rand Paul: President of the United States of America 2016 - 2024.

  9. #9
    Regular Member PFC HALE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    492

    Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Rand Paul: President of the United States of America 2016 - 2024.
    him or ron paul!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

  10. #10
    Regular Member sparkman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    There are pro gun Libs. This might have a Chan e.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2


    I don't think there is such a thing, but then again there might be.
    Last edited by sparkman2; 01-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

  11. #11
    Regular Member crazydude6030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, va
    Posts
    512

    Re: Rand Paul to push legislation nullifying Obama’s executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkman2 View Post
    I don't think there is such a thing, but then again there might be.
    To many people on this board I might be. Some people are dems because the support other issues more and support the 2a less. That said those people are in line with 99% of pro gun thinking

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Rand is pandering. He knows it won't go anywhere. I wish he would do a little less pandering, and a little more work that can actually reach it's end.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Rand is pandering. He knows it won't go anywhere. I wish he would do a little less pandering, and a little more work that can actually reach it's end.
    Pandering? Hes doing his job.More people should follow his lead to stop this jack ass monster that you and other voters created. You saddled that bronc now we all need to ride it. Be ready for a rough ride. Wait till they scam up something to alow him to be president for longer than two terms,and dont think they wont try. Rand Paul is a patriate.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Pandering? Hes doing his job.More people should follow his lead to stop this jack ass monster that you and other voters created. You saddled that bronc now we all need to ride it. Be ready for a rough ride. Wait till they scam up something to alow him to be president for longer than two terms,and dont think they wont try. Rand Paul is a patriate.
    He ought to spend his time doing things that will actually be passed.

    I am excited at the prospect of watching you eat crow come 2016, when Obama takes flight from the White House.

    Rand Paul is a time water, apparently. He makes nearly 200k per year, drafting bills that he knows don't have a snowballs chance in hell of making it.

    I would love having Rand on the Republican ticket for 2016. That would be a treat.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  15. #15
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    He ought to spend his time doing things that will actually be passed.

    I am excited at the prospect of watching you eat crow come 2016, when Obama takes flight from the White House.

    Rand Paul is a time water, apparently. He makes nearly 200k per year, drafting bills that he knows don't have a snowballs chance in hell of making it.

    I would love having Rand on the Republican ticket for 2016. That would be a treat.
    Yea, that's what they should all do huh?

    He drafts bills that the PEOPLE he represents want! Is that not the whole d*mn point? Your logic is often baffling.

    He drafts bills that would repeal unconstitutional garbage that have no business affecting the people of a free society! He is the ONLY one that attempts to repeal unconstitutional legislation in the Senate!

    I guess you just vote for the guy that will sponsor anything and everything he/she knows will pass? I believe many here would agree with me that this is the very reason our country is in such a dire situation!

    What is the point of electing someone to represent you when all they do is settle for whatever will pass both houses?

    I want representatives that will work to abolish all of the unconstitutional legislation and executive actions that have deprived us of our rights, not one that will add to them.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 01-17-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  16. #16
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Pandering? Hes doing his job.More people should follow his lead to stop this jack ass monster that you and other voters created. You saddled that bronc now we all need to ride it. Be ready for a rough ride. Wait till they scam up something to alow him to be president for longer than two terms,and dont think they wont try. Rand Paul is a patriate.
    They already are! They have already introduced legislation that will repeal term limits by amending the Twenty-Second Amendment.

    Will this ever be ratified by the states? Hell no, but they are attempting to keep the sick tyrant in office as long as they can!

    It doesn't matter though, because the next guy will be worse than Obama, just like Obama is worse than Bush. I despised Bush and never thought we would see a president worse than he was, but here came Obama with his "hope and change" rhetoric (and a good amount of coverage by the MSM puppets), and I was proven wrong!

    When will people realize there are things in motion that we have no control over?

    I don't care what people say, we do NOT have two parties! We have one party with the illusion of two. The MSM does a d*mn fine job of creating that illusion.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 01-17-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    . I despised Bush and never thought we would see a president worse than he was, but here came Obama with his "hope and change" rhetoric (and a good amount of coverage by the MSM puppets), and I was proven wrong!

    .
    Surprise! lol

    Bush wasn't that bad a president actually sans the stupid wars (too hard to look past? I understand)

  18. #18
    Regular Member motoxmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Surprise! lol

    Bush wasn't that bad a president actually sans the stupid wars (too hard to look past? I understand)
    I actually agree with this to an extent. I will say though Bush was horribly camera shy, he was a completely different person when speaking on camera vs who he was while doing all his other duties off cam

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Well I awoke this morning from a dead sleep only to realize I mispelled patriot, GOSH!! Cary on.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Well I awoke this morning from a dead sleep only to realize I mispelled patriot, GOSH!! Cary on.
    My GOSH! "carry" cant win.

  21. #21
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    I will say though Bush was horribly camera shy, he was a completely different person when speaking on camera vs who he was while doing all his other duties off cam
    Pics or it didn't happen.

  22. #22
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    reminder: B92SFL is a liberal and as a liberal sees US Senators as representing all of the people in the country not just only a bunch of hick-hay-seed-redneck-backwoods-hillbillies. It is the redistributionist in her that is showing nothing more. Don't pay her no mind
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  23. #23
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Surprise! lol

    Bush wasn't that bad a president actually sans the stupid wars (too hard to look past? I understand)
    I think Bush was a decent person as a president, and thought he was acting in our best interest. That being said he was a lousy president, but probably better then the other choices. He was anti gun, just kept it in check to keep his legacy and support. I did not think the wars were stupid, but not well thought out. We should have demolished Afghanistan and left, and we should have decimated Iraq instead of fighting PC after taking down Hussein. Then we should have left them no choice but to be a base for the allies or a leveled desert. Iraq was strategic but was later messed up by both Bush and Obama. I don't understand why we are still in Afghanistan, especially since we already know we can't win, and have stated we are pulling out. So get out already. Everyday that passes Obama looks more and more like Tricky Dick Nixon.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  24. #24
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I think Bush was a decent person as a president, and thought he was acting in our best interest. That being said he was a lousy president, but probably better then the other choices. He was anti gun, just kept it in check to keep his legacy and support. I did not think the wars were stupid, but not well thought out. We should have demolished Afghanistan and left, and we should have decimated Iraq instead of fighting PC after taking down Hussein. Then we should have left them no choice but to be a base for the allies or a leveled desert. Iraq was strategic but was later messed up by both Bush and Obama. I don't understand why we are still in Afghanistan, especially since we already know we can't win, and have stated we are pulling out. So get out already. Everyday that passes Obama looks more and more like Tricky Dick Nixon.
    I agree for the most part. The wars were necessary to start but they were poorly executed. Iraq should have had their infrastructure and military decimated by air and they just let them sort it out. Same with Afghanistan. The whole PC way of fighting is a no brainer FAIL.

    For those who say there were no WMD's, that's political spin and nothing else. I have PERSONALLY spoken to people who were in country and personally discovered WMD program materials. We ***** footed around too long and most were scurried out of the country in preparation for the war.....they were not destroyed......but the programs were so large and widespread that they couldn't get it all. Now WHY Bush would allow that information to be burried and spun is anyone's guess but the people I spoke with were definitely highly reliable sources (ative duty not high enough up the chain to be political but in occupational fields that put them on scene dealing with the stuff).
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •