• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House raises petition signature requirement to 100,000

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...-requirement-100-000-140741862--politics.html

Man all you WH petition lovers not happy with this one...

And I was going to put one in for a smaller death star (they "complained" the big one would cost too much) with a fix for the 1 fighter issue with the previous model proposed.

The smaller one would not be able to blow up a planet in spectacular fashion like the old design but simply kill everything on a planet....a huge "bug zapper" if you will.

motoxmann

david, we already have anti-satellite technology. so do many other countries. china is currently discussing carrying out further tests of these such devices

:)

eye95

I am waiting for someone to start a petition to have all who start these petitions on the WH site (and those who sign them) adjudicated as mentally defective so they can be stripped of the RKBA. I really worry about their judgment.

Of course, I can't start one. I am mentally competent and don't want to lose the Right.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am waiting for someone to start a petition to have all who start these petitions on the WH site (and those who sign them) adjudicated as mentally defective so they can be stripped of the RKBA. I really worry about their judgment.

Of course, I can't start one. I am mentally competent and don't want to lose the Right.

The ultimate petition :banana::banana:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Looking at who has responded so far, I am disappointed, shocked and dismayed that none of you have bothered to state the obvious:

The WH is getting tired of all those petitions for/to do things they (the WH) don't like. And they got their tail caught in the crack of their own making - the one about once the magic number of signatures was reached they would put it in front of somebody who is supposed to care.

They can get 100,000 Obamanauts to sign just about anything. Heck, I'm willing to bet they'd get at least that many saying the Lindburgh baby kidnapping was a Republican plot to try and stop Obamacare.

The fun part is when they see that we can also get 100,000 signatures - in spite of people like me who despise those petitions because they are worse than meaningless, they are a sop to placate the untinking into beleiving that they have "Done Something".

stay safe.

Freedom1Man

Looking at who has responded so far, I am disappointed, shocked and dismayed that none of you have bothered to state the obvious:

The WH is getting tired of all those petitions for/to do things they (the WH) don't like. And they got their tail caught in the crack of their own making - the one about once the magic number of signatures was reached they would put it in front of somebody who is supposed to care.

They can get 100,000 Obamanauts to sign just about anything. Heck, I'm willing to bet they'd get at least that many saying the Lindburgh baby kidnapping was a Republican plot to try and stop Obamacare.

The fun part is when they see that we can also get 100,000 signatures - in spite of people like me who despise those petitions because they are worse than meaningless, they are a sop to placate the unthinking into believing that they have "Done Something".

stay safe.

I don't believe the "signing" any of them does a GD thing. I just think it's fun to sign some to watch the number go up.

I know that they are only there for show but they are funny to read sometimes. A petition to have everyone who puts their name to a petition deported, that was a funny one.