• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question About Open Carry In Nevada/Oregon? Driving While On Person.

jefftpr

Hey All ,

I'm new to the forum, but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer on.

I have my Washington State CPL/CCW, but it does not cross over into Oregon or Nevada.

While driving into these states, "Nevada" most of all, can I open carry while driving?

I have a outside the waist band holster, and I'm curious to get a firm answer on this.

I know it must be concealed in NO way to open carry, but can I stop at border then drive into those state open carrying on person uncovered?

thanks

jefftpr

Thanks you for the response.

So it's fine if its still on my person just not covered or concealed?

Is Oregon the same?

thanks

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Correct, in your car it can be hidden in gloveboxes, behind the seat, or hidden anywhere else or kept in the open. But you can't hide the gun on your person without a permit, such as in your pants pocket, even in the car.

On your person you can carry so long as it is discernible to ordinary observation. Before I got my permit to conceal, I carried openly in a belt holster in Nevada, and I just kept it holstered while driving.

I am no expert on Oregon. In general, you can open carry in Oregon, but there is no preemption there. There are cities in Oregon that ban open carry, if I am not mistaken. I have open carried through some eastern counties in Oregon.

Last edited:

mike king5

In a camera case on my belt is OC?

I would like to carry a snubbie in a camera case the completed encloses it on my belt, with nothing hiding the case. Is this OC? Thanks.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Correct. It would not be discernible as a firearm to ordinary observation, and thus would be a felony in Nevada without a permit.

Bingo.

Why a camera case? If you want to openly carry it, you would use a holster. Your use of a camera case is clear intent of concealing it.

Last edited: