• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: Should congress approve Obama's gun control agenda?

desmoduck

Looks like WTNH took the poll down. Probably getting the same results as the courant so they replaced it with a Lance Armstrong poll. Absolutely dishonest but about what I would expect.
Courant results a/o 12 noon.

Should Congress approve President Obama's gun control proposals?

Yes. They are common-sense measures that work toward keeping guns out of the wrong hands, and don't impinge on the Second Amendment. (119 responses)
12%

No. We don't need more gun laws. (831 responses)
85%

Partly. Congress should approve universal background checks and a ban on high-capacity magazines. The assault rifle proposal is more symbolic than substantive. (32 responses)
3%

982 total responses
(Results not scientific)

motoxmann

1067 votes now, and still: 12% yes, 85% no, 3% partly

and shame on WTNH for taking the poll down. I agree with desmo, I'm sure they removed the poll simply because they did not agree with the results they were getting

Last edited:

Ctclassic

As of 6pm-----

Total = 1362

I too would agree with the assumption that News8 took down their poll for political reasons.

sharkey

Should Congress approve President Obama's gun control proposals?

• Yes. They are common-sense measures that work toward keeping guns out of the wrong hands, and don't impinge on the Second Amendment. (191 responses)
    14%

• No. We don't need more gun laws. (1143 responses)
    83%

• Partly. Congress should approve universal background checks and a ban on high-capacity magazines. The assault rifle proposal is more symbolic than substantive. (46 responses)
    3%
1380 total responses
(Results not scientific)