• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission Daily Pravda

streetdoc

POLL: Do you agree with President Obama's gun proposal?

President Obama unveiled a gun plan Wednesday that is asking Congress to renew a ban on the sale of assault-style weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. He is also asking for more thorough background checks on gun buyers. Do you agree with the President's gun plan?

Yes. I agree with the entire plan. (55 responses)
40%

I only agree that assault-style weapons should be banned. (4 responses)
3%

I only agree that high capacity ammunition magazines should be banned. (1 responses)
1%

I only agree with the expanded background checks on gun buyers. (9 responses)
7%

No. I think the plan is punishing responsible gunowners and is a violation of our second amendment rights. (67 responses)
49%

I need to know more before I form opinion. (2 responses)
1%

138 total responses

(Results not scientific)

apollosmom

Hat tip to all...as of 8pm, we're now up 72% - 17%. Wonder how Digby and staff, and his friends Robert (Bobby) Scott and Tim Kaine will spin this?

POLL: Do you agree with President Obama's gun proposal?

President Obama unveiled a gun plan Wednesday that is asking Congress to renew a ban on the sale of assault-style weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. He is also asking for more thorough background checks on gun buyers. Do you agree with the President's gun plan?

Yes. I agree with the entire plan. (55 responses)
40%

I only agree that assault-style weapons should be banned. (4 responses)
3%

I only agree that high capacity ammunition magazines should be banned. (1 responses)
1%

I only agree with the expanded background checks on gun buyers. (9 responses)
7%

No. I think the plan is punishing responsible gunowners and is a violation of our second amendment rights. (67 responses)
49%

I need to know more before I form opinion. (2 responses)
1%

138 total responses

(Results not scientific)

stickslinger

Done...

Yes. I agree with the entire plan. (135 responses)

17%

I only agree that assault-style weapons should be banned. (15 responses)

2%

I only agree that high capacity ammunition magazines should be banned. (7 responses)

1%

I only agree with the expanded background checks on gun buyers. (44 responses)

6%

No. I think the plan is punishing responsible gunowners and is a violation of our second amendment rights. (555 responses)

72%

I need to know more before I form opinion. (17 responses)

2%

773 total responses