Thread: SGK Hampton this weekend.

SGK Hampton this weekend.

Hey guys!

Any one gonna be attending the SGK gun show in hampton? Im pretty certain im gonna try and make one of the days. Im excited i have never been to a Virginia gun show, so i dont really know what to expect. I am absolutely not going to be making any purchases, but id love to handle as many firearms as possible in my pursuit to find a comfortable gun suited for me that's within my budget. This way i can compile a list of guns which i liked thenresearch better and try to spend more time with a few before buying.

When i figure out when im attending, if you'll be there as well id love to say hey and put a face to the wonderful folks of this forum!

Paul.

You'll be the guy in blue jeans with a baseball cap, right?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Enthusiast View Post
    You'll be the guy in blue jeans with a baseball cap, right?
    Or camo...can't miss him!

Stop by the VCDL table and say hello. If you haven't already joined, bring $25.00 and we'll sign you up.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Stop by the VCDL table and say hello. If you haven't already joined, bring $25.00 and we'll sign you up.
    2a4all- i will most definitely be taking you up on that!

You guys nailed it right on the noggin! Blue jeans and a black t shirt! Shaved head and a beard! Cant miss me haha!

Look for the guy wearing something to do with hearses. Real good chance that's me haha!
    Last edited by HearseGuy; 01-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Welcome! please stop by the VCDL table and get info. I except the gun show to have insane gun prices and not many items. Friend listed his used Glock on gunbroker and got $850+. No idea how much they be new.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Welcome! please stop by the VCDL table and get info. I except the gun show to have insane gun prices and not many items. Friend listed his used Glock on gunbroker and got $850+. No idea how much they be new.
    Really? That's a bummer to hear. I've always heard they were great shows. I was hoping that all the crap going on wouldn't hinder the show. Guess that was wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by HearseGuy View Post
    Really? That's a bummer to hear. I've always heard they were great shows. I was hoping that all the crap going on wouldn't hinder the show. Guess that was wishful thinking.
    SEe for yourself,

Glock's 19

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325568308 currently $900
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325680187 here is a used one for $700+
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=325787509 another new $800_+

I remember last year OCing at the hampton gun show about this time, gun prices were normal..
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 01-17-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Re: SGK Hampton this weekend.

This isn't good to here. I'm in the market for a Xdm in 60 days or so..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well im gonna be hitting the show saturday afternoon. Anxious to see how crazy prices are.

SGK Hampton this weekend.

The prices were crazy. I'll wait next month for the pricing psychosis to subside.

Re: SGK Hampton this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    The prices were crazy. I'll wait next month for the pricing psychosis to subside.
    Good luck.. I doubt it will anytime soon.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

Was supply low? how much did Glock's go for? Any AR-15?

Fire Marshal

When I left at noon, the line to get in was longer than at opening, cuz people couldn't go in unless somebody came out. No deals, 40 cal ammo was regular price. The guy I went with scored a bulk buy (15) of used, but in great shape, Colt AR mags for $13.33 each.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Prices are fast to rise and slow to come down. I expect you've seen the last of the 895.00 AR's.

Ammo will drop a good bit in a month though.

When I got there at 08:45 the line was out the door for about 50 yards. Inside it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I saw one table where 4-5 people, at the direction of the proprietor, held their hand on the gun they wanted to buy. They had to wait for him to finish a person before he could make it to them one at a time. Another table had 2-3 people holding the to-be-purchased rifle upright until the vendor could make it to them.

The prices on the AR-15's started at $1999 and went up to $3899 that I saw. My dream HK17s that used to sell for $2500-3000 was $4500 at the show!

Pistol prices weren't too bad though. I wound up not buying anything although a FNP FNX45 seemed awfully tempting to a point. :-)

I saw KimberCarrier at the VCDL table but didn't recognize the rest of the bunch.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 01-19-2013 at 09:18 PM.

I decided against goin. I just bought another bike this AM and i figure ill try and wait out a bit for prices to come back to some kind of sanity. I can tell you that every walmart in town i think, as well as Dicks, and every gun shop i called that was open has no 9mm ammo. Ive pretty much decided i want a 9mm so figured id scope ammo and try and pile some away so id be ready should i find the right gun. Not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by HearseGuy View Post
    I decided against goin. I just bought another bike this AM and i figure ill try and wait out a bit for prices to come back to some kind of sanity. I can tell you that every walmart in town i think, as well as Dicks, and every gun shop i called that was open has no 9mm ammo. Ive pretty much decided i want a 9mm so figured id scope ammo and try and pile some away so id be ready should i find the right gun. Not happening...
    http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-g...ch-1000-rounds

I stopped buying from Walmart and started buying online. There is still a shortage so prices aren't the lowest. The last time I got 1000 rounds of 9mm I paid about $230. This link has it at $397 although I bought Federal and this is Magtech (one of two brands available).

ETA: Went from 9 available to 5 in the time I posted this.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 01-19-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Out of stock

Dang...that was fast.