• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SGK Hampton this weekend.

HearseGuy

Hey guys!

Any one gonna be attending the SGK gun show in hampton? Im pretty certain im gonna try and make one of the days. Im excited i have never been to a Virginia gun show, so i dont really know what to expect. I am absolutely not going to be making any purchases, but id love to handle as many firearms as possible in my pursuit to find a comfortable gun suited for me that's within my budget. This way i can compile a list of guns which i liked thenresearch better and try to spend more time with a few before buying.

When i figure out when im attending, if you'll be there as well id love to say hey and put a face to the wonderful folks of this forum!

Paul.

HearseGuy

Stop by the VCDL table and say hello. If you haven't already joined, bring $25.00 and we'll sign you up.

2a4all- i will most definitely be taking you up on that!

You guys nailed it right on the noggin! Blue jeans and a black t shirt! Shaved head and a beard! Cant miss me haha!

Look for the guy wearing something to do with hearses. Real good chance that's me haha!

Last edited:

HearseGuy

Welcome! please stop by the VCDL table and get info. I except the gun show to have insane gun prices and not many items. Friend listed his used Glock on gunbroker and got $850+. No idea how much they be new.

Really? That's a bummer to hear. I've always heard they were great shows. I was hoping that all the crap going on wouldn't hinder the show. Guess that was wishful thinking.

ocholsteroc

Really? That's a bummer to hear. I've always heard they were great shows. I was hoping that all the crap going on wouldn't hinder the show. Guess that was wishful thinking.

SEe for yourself,

Glock's 19

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325568308 currently $900
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325680187 here is a used one for $700+
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325787509 another new $800_+

I remember last year OCing at the hampton gun show about this time, gun prices were normal.. :(

Last edited:

mpguy

This isn't good to here. I'm in the market for a Xdm in 60 days or so..:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HearseGuy

Well im gonna be hitting the show saturday afternoon. Anxious to see how crazy prices are.

Table

Fire Marshal

When I left at noon, the line to get in was longer than at opening, cuz people couldn't go in unless somebody came out. No deals, 40 cal ammo was regular price. The guy I went with scored a bulk buy (15) of used, but in great shape, Colt AR mags for $13.33 each.

45acpForMe

When I got there at 08:45 the line was out the door for about 50 yards. Inside it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I saw one table where 4-5 people, at the direction of the proprietor, held their hand on the gun they wanted to buy. They had to wait for him to finish a person before he could make it to them one at a time. Another table had 2-3 people holding the to-be-purchased rifle upright until the vendor could make it to them.

The prices on the AR-15's started at $1999 and went up to $3899 that I saw. My dream HK17s that used to sell for $2500-3000 was $4500 at the show!

Pistol prices weren't too bad though. I wound up not buying anything although a FNP FNX45 seemed awfully tempting to a point. :)

I saw KimberCarrier at the VCDL table but didn't recognize the rest of the bunch.

Last edited:

HearseGuy

I decided against goin. I just bought another bike this AM and i figure ill try and wait out a bit for prices to come back to some kind of sanity. I can tell you that every walmart in town i think, as well as Dicks, and every gun shop i called that was open has no 9mm ammo. Ive pretty much decided i want a 9mm so figured id scope ammo and try and pile some away so id be ready should i find the right gun. Not happening...

45acpForMe

I decided against goin. I just bought another bike this AM and i figure ill try and wait out a bit for prices to come back to some kind of sanity. I can tell you that every walmart in town i think, as well as Dicks, and every gun shop i called that was open has no 9mm ammo. Ive pretty much decided i want a 9mm so figured id scope ammo and try and pile some away so id be ready should i find the right gun. Not happening...

http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-grain-fmc-magtech-1000-rounds

I stopped buying from Walmart and started buying online. There is still a shortage so prices aren't the lowest. The last time I got 1000 rounds of 9mm I paid about $230. This link has it at $397 although I bought Federal and this is Magtech (one of two brands available).

ETA: Went from 9 available to 5 in the time I posted this.

Last edited: