• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Delegate Mark Cole

aviaator

I look forward to meeting him on Monday.

"Thank you for contacting me about HB 1557, which requires school boards to designate at least one qualified person for every school in the district who, upon application with the school board, may carry a concealed handgun on school property. I am sponsoring similar legislation, HB 1582, which allows public and private schools and day cares to hire armed security guards. Since my legislation does not have an unfunded mandate, I think it is a better approach, but HB 1557 is certainly better than the current situation which leaves most of our schools defenseless.

Gun free zones have been proven not to work. It did not work in Connecticut, it did not work at Virginia Tech, and it did not work in Colorado. I think Thomas Jefferson summed up the situation well when he wrote:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

I found the following article on mass shootings to be most informative. I would invite you to click on the following link and take a few minutes to read the article:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335739/facts-about-mass-shootings-john-fund#

Again, thank you for contacting me.

Mark L. Cole
Delegate, 88th District
Spotsylvania, Stafford, Fredericksburg, and Fauquier
Web page: www.MarkLCole.com

TFred

I look forward to meeting him on Monday.

"Thank you for contacting me about HB 1557, which requires school boards to designate at least one qualified person for every school in the district who, upon application with the school board, may carry a concealed handgun on school property. I am sponsoring similar legislation, HB 1582, which allows public and private schools and day cares to hire armed security guards. Since my legislation does not have an unfunded mandate, I think it is a better approach, but HB 1557 is certainly better than the current situation which leaves most of our schools defenseless.

Gun free zones have been proven not to work. It did not work in Connecticut, it did not work at Virginia Tech, and it did not work in Colorado. I think Thomas Jefferson summed up the situation well when he wrote:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

I found the following article on mass shootings to be most informative. I would invite you to click on the following link and take a few minutes to read the article:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/335739/facts-about-mass-shootings-john-fund#

Again, thank you for contacting me.

Mark L. Cole
Delegate, 88th District
Spotsylvania, Stafford, Fredericksburg, and Fauquier
Web page: www.MarkLCole.com
Delegate Cole is a good man. I wish we had 50 more of him in Richmond!

TFred